Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

AFTER VELAZQUEZ TIES IT IN 9TH, YANKEES WALK OFF IN 14TH IN 5-4 WIN (sim)

Recommended Posts

I have to give Santander a bit of a break here, as the combination of the wind and the sun (cloudless day) really messed with the ball there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I have to give Santander a bit of a break here, as the combination of the wind and the sun (cloudless day) really messed with the ball there. 

Come on, you know if the official scorer gave an error to an outfielder the misplay was pretty egregious.  I bet that if Mountcastle had made that mistake the board would be in a frenzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Come on, you know if the official scorer gave an error to an outfielder the misplay was pretty egregious.  I bet that if Mountcastle had made that mistake the board would be in a frenzy.

Hey, it looked routine until you see the other factors.

Plus, Mountcastle can do no right in the field. Didn’t you get the email or did it get sent to the spam box again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's hilarious is that in the Baseball Reference 2020 Simulated Season, Santander has a 1.149 OPS and has the second highest WAR in baseball. The Orioles are also 3-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks Tony.

It's honestly funny how realistic these games feel.  Like, I could definitely see the Orioles season playing out in just this manner, down to the back and forth of an April extra innings loss in the Bronx (complete with the anger of staying up late on a worknight to watch).

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Thanks Tony.

It's honestly funny how realistic these games feel.  Like, I could definitely see the Orioles season playing out in just this manner, down to the back and forth of an April extra innings loss in the Bronx (complete with the anger of staying up late on a worknight to watch).

Yesterday was the first time I got annoyed during the sim. Watching the team flail away and strikeout so much was getting frustrating.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yesterday was the first time I got annoyed during the sim. Watching the team flail away and strikeout so much was getting frustrating.

I am learning that if a starting pitcher like Wojo or Milone can get through a lineup 3 times, that's damn good and don't press your luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am learning that if a starting pitcher like Wojo or Milone can get through a lineup 3 times, that's damn good and don't press your luck.

The bullpen management portion of the game is certainly fun. Trying to navigate through a bullpen without wearing them all out with starters that you are lucky can get through an order three times can be a challenge. That's why I have two long relievers and several middle guys who can extend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony-OH said:

The bullpen management portion of the game is certainly fun. Trying to navigate through a bullpen without wearing them all out with starters that you are lucky can get through an order three times can be a challenge. That's why I have two long relievers and several middle guys who can extend.

I agree.  I brought up Kohl Stewart who's listed as a starter.  But he's my "Oh crap, my starter can't make it out of the 3rd and my bullpen is tired" guy who can mop up a game that's gotten out of hand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

What's hilarious is that in the Baseball Reference 2020 Simulated Season, Santander has a 1.149 OPS and has the second highest WAR in baseball. The Orioles are also 3-8.

The only O's starter with an ERA below 5.56 is Keyvius Sampson with a 2.53 ERA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yesterday was the first time I got annoyed during the sim. Watching the team flail away and strikeout so much was getting frustrating.

Haha... but the frustration is therapeutic cause it's baseball!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yesterday was the first time I got annoyed during the sim. Watching the team flail away and strikeout so much was getting frustrating.

@#!% %[email protected]#! %@!$ &%[email protected]

In my sim, Hunter Harvey is already hurt.  Thankfully it's not the arm, it's a leg injury.  But he's out for 5 weeks.

So I scoured my minors, Marcos Diplan is actually performing well.  So I bring him up.  And what does he do?  First appearance, he drills Tim Anderson, touches off a brawl and gets SUSPENDED FOR NINE GAMES.  Apparently the league felt that Diplan was at fault because Anderson only got 4 games.  

At one point I was 5-5 and thinking...hey, this team might not be that bad.  Now I'm 10-24 and wondering how my staff will make it through the season.

In other words, it's feeling like the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

@#!% %[email protected]#! %@!$ &%[email protected]

In my sim, Hunter Harvey is already hurt.  Thankfully it's not the arm, it's a leg injury.  But he's out for 5 weeks.

So I scoured my minors, Marcos Diplan is actually performing well.  So I bring him up.  And what does he do?  First appearance, he drills Tim Anderson, touches off a brawl and gets SUSPENDED FOR NINE GAMES.  Apparently the league felt that Diplan was at fault because Anderson only got 4 games.  

At one point I was 5-5 and thinking...hey, this team might not be that bad.  Now I'm 10-24 and wondering how my staff will make it through the season.

In other words, it's feeling like the real thing.

OOTP has always been known for it's realistic outcomes though sometimes surprises can happen. When a team''s best players are only rated as three star players (out of five) you are not going to be very good. 

So far the pitching staff for the most part have out performed their norms, but the team is still 4-9. Maybe this whole virus thing is to make sure the Orioles don't lose 100 games for the 3rd straight year? :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...