Jump to content
section18

Will DeCosta Surprise Us And trade Up To Draft Mekhi Becton?

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, atomic said:

You have to keep Stanley.  

I think they are committed to paying Stanley as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like him but not for 20 million a year. This number has been floated around by some. Checking around it appears the top guys are making between 14 and 16 million per year? Where does 20 million come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, section18 said:

I like him but not for 20 million a year. This number has been floated around by some. Checking around it appears the top guys are making between 14 and 16 million per year? Where does 20 million come from?

They are waiting for Tunsil who was traded for a kings ransom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks !  Changing the subject slightly........I read on a national site yesterday they think Clay Matthews will sign with the Ravens. The question is? Before or after the draft? He would be a great addition and add some fire to our defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, section18 said:

Thanks !  Changing the subject slightly........I read on a national site yesterday they think Clay Matthews will sign with the Ravens. The question is? Before or after the draft? He would be a great addition and add some fire to our defense.

I like it!!! Do you have a link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 10:41 AM, section18 said:

Thanks !  Changing the subject slightly........I read on a national site yesterday they think Clay Matthews will sign with the Ravens. The question is? Before or after the draft? He would be a great addition and add some fire to our defense.

Link Please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick Google search shows a few sites potentially linking us with Clay....but they are from March 20 or so and seem like pure speculation.   Looks like we were interested in him last year so I think there is definitely a chance.   Have to imagine they will wait til after the draft now though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aglets said:

A quick Google search shows a few sites potentially linking us with Clay....but they are from March 20 or so and seem like pure speculation.   Looks like we were interested in him last year so I think there is definitely a chance.   Have to imagine they will wait til after the draft now though.

He acted like it was current news! I looked around as well and came up empty on anything current.

 

I have no idea if they are still interested, have to assume its pending the outcome of the draft.

 

I hope we get Queen , Metu/Jonah Jackson, Peoples-Jones, and another ILB. That would be a good draft IMO

 

And sign Clay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting ! They we talking about a possible trade up to get Becton today on 105.7 if he slips to around the fifteenth pick.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, section18 said:

Interesting ! They we talking about a possible trade up to get Becton today on 105.7 if he slips to around the fifteenth pick.

 

 

 

 

Are we looking to deal Ronnie Stanley or Orlando Brown Junior? If not why are we trading for a starting OT?

 

Also the Ravens have few needs but they have them. It makes no sense to trade for a blue chip at another position unless there is a bigger plan

 

Also I am projecting 4 OTs will be gone by #12

 

They are Wirfs, Wills, Becton and Andrew Thomas/Josh Jone/Jackson. All might also go late 1st or early second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Are we looking to deal Ronnie Stanley or Orlando Brown Junior? If not why are we trading for a starting OT?

 

Also the Ravens have few needs but they have them. It makes no sense to trade for a blue chip at another position unless there is a bigger plan

 

Also I am projecting 4 OTs will be gone by #12

 

They are Wirfs, Wills, Becton and Andrew Thomas/Josh Jone/Jackson. All might also go late 1st or early second

Cleveland and Wilson are getting a lot of buzz too.

As a Redskins fan, I’m hoping for an early run on tackles to open up the trade market for Trent Williams.  Not sure if all 4 go that early based on team needs, but we could see trade ups.

You’re right, it doesn’t make sense for the Ravens to move up for a tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Ogden started as a guard with us after being drafted as a tackle. He is insurance if they can't sign Stanley to an extension. He can move over to tackle later. This guy tosses opponents around like they are lightweights. Watch the video. Plug him in at left guard or right guard and you'll have an immovable wall. I'm not saying to trade Stanley but I think he is overrated and definitely not worth $20 miil per year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, section18 said:

John Ogden started as a guard with us after being drafted as a tackle. He is insurance if they can't sign Stanley to an extension. He can move over to tackle later. This guy tosses opponents around like they are lightweights. Watch the video. Plug him in at left guard or right guard and you'll have an immovable wall. I'm not saying to trade Stanley but I think he is overrated and definitely not worth $20 miil per year.

I'd love to trade up to get Jeudy! With that said, The Ravens have nothing but scraps at MLB on the current roster. I think they need 1 star level starter. Somehow-Someway they need to come away with one of Murray, Queen, or Baun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no way they let Stanley get away.  He has become arguably the best LT in the game and it’s essential to protect Lamar’s blindside.  Stanley will be a Raven for a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, section18 said:

Interesting ! They we talking about a possible trade up to get Becton today on 105.7 if he slips to around the fifteenth pick.

 

 

 

 

I think its a pipedream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970, the last day before the All-Star break, the Orioles split a double header with the Detroit Tigers.  The Birds dropped game one 7-3 but came back to win game two 13-3.  The team enters the break with a 54-33 record. Dave McNally (12-6) was shelled in the first game: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 1 K, 3 HR allowed).  The Orioles were held to 6 hits with Davey Johnson going 2 for 4 with 1 run scored. BOX SCORE Game two started much like game one did.  Starter Tom Phoebus lasted 2.2 innings and allowed 3 runs on 5 hits while walking 2 and striking out 1.  Dick Hall relieved Phoebus and recorded the win with his 6.1 inning effort.  Hall allowed 1 hit and 1 walk in his appearance. Boog Powell, Elrod Hendricks and Merv Rettenmund all homered for the Orioles.  Rettenmund went 4 for 5 with 2 2B, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.  Powell went 2 for 5 with 2 runs scored and 4 RBI.  Hendricks went 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.  Brooks Robinson contributed a 3 for 4 with 1 2B and 1 run scored effort as well. BOX SCORE
    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970 the Orioles defeated the Detroit Tigers 6-5.  Mike Cuellar improved to 11-5 on the year with a 7.0 inning effort in which he allowed 5 runs on 8 hits while walking 2 and striking out 2. Cuellar helped himself out by going 3 for 4 with a homerun (his second), 1 run scored and 2 RBI.  Homeruns by Elrod Hendricks (1 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI) and Terry Crowley (1 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI) accounted for the rest of the Orioles run total. Bill Freehan came up big for the Tigers: 3 for 3, 1 3B, 1 HR, 3 runs scored and 1 RBI. BOX SCORE
    • Variations in value on players almost don't matter if they're talented enough, because salaries are pro-rated.  The short season makes wacky things like us signing Puig for a $4 million (after the pro rata adjustment) deal plausible.  That wouldn't be worth it at all if we had to pay for a full season.  But because of the built-in discount due to the 60 game season, a player would have to be massively overvalued for him to not make sense.   edit to add: I think that most years we can assume that we'd get back at least a 45 FV prospect for a player like Puig, but this is not most years.  We don't really know if the teams will take this season seriously and offer the same level prospects for him as they would other years.  So there are definitely some unknowns and risk.  But to me it seems like a relatively low-risk, high-reward strategy to sign as many talented players looking for 1 year deals as you can, securing a massive discount because of the shortened season, and then trade them for prospects
    • Well the Festus and Doc back and forth mostly. "When you start to read the readin. How do you know the feller that wrote the readin wrote the readin right!?"
    • Didn't know I liked Gunsmoke until I started watching it about a year ago.
    • It would appear he's making music now!
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...