Sign in to follow this  
backwardsk

Quarantined

12 hours ago, SouthernBird said:

Have not really altered my life at all. I go to work, I go shopping, I go visit friends. Have yet to hear anyone I know personally either catch this or know anyone who has. I did have to get a new job because the lock down killed a company I was working for.  I got a job paying more, and only 5 miles from my front door. Feeling blessed.

You're probably the rare exception to the rule. Congrats Bird!

10 hours ago, scOtt said:

You're probably the rare exception to the rule. Congrats Bird!

Thanks, I am praying for everyone who has lost their job. Hopefully we can rebound quickly.

And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

On 4/23/2020 at 8:26 PM, Frobby said:

Glad you liked it.    They’re both pretty witty people, in addition to having good musical abilities.   I’m hoping they do some more stuff with all this down time.     My son in law was just starting a 3-month run of Guys and Dolls at Ford’s Theater when they got shut down.  My daughter was between gigs but would have started her next show by now.     It’s going to be a tough year for them.    

I think Broadway is closed through September.  If the guys and dolls show ever starts back up I would like to go see it.

My wife is being paid to stay home.  They are talking about starting back up in June.  I can’t take any time off either as my job is considered essential and I am even on call on weekend until the virus slows down.  I am not sure who is supposed to take care of my daughter.  All these school closing and day care closings is going to put kids with their grand parents and put them at risk.  

4 hours ago, atomic said:

I think Broadway is closed through September.  If the guys and dolls show ever starts back up I would like to go see it.

It was postponed to next spring.    Hopefully it will be able to go on then.   

On 5/13/2020 at 7:14 AM, Frobby said:

It was postponed to next spring.    Hopefully it will be able to go on then.   

I wouldnt mind seeing Phantom again, but remembering the crowd on the streets, we was packed like sardines, then inside the lobby a repeat of the same, until we got seated.

Not too mention leaving the theater as one big huge body of people.

Its exactly like any other sporting event, concert, or public venue, too many people in too small of an area, under these current trying times.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:40 PM, Redskins Rick said:

I wouldnt mind seeing Phantom again, but remembering the crowd on the streets, we was packed like sardines, then inside the lobby a repeat of the same, until we got seated.

Not too mention leaving the theater as one big huge body of people.

Its exactly like any other sporting event, concert, or public venue, too many people in too small of an area, under these current trying times.

Right now, if it were guaranteed safe, I would spend a lot - and I mean a LOT - of money to spend an evening packed like a sardine in front of an entertaining show fighting the crowds to the men's room during intermission, being jostled every few seconds in the lobby, yelling to try to be heard, then afterward sitting in my car for 45 minutes before I could even start to get out of the parking structure...

Heaven.