Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Ravens Resign Pernell McPhee

I guess that Clay Matthews deal that they worked out months ago finally fell through.

McPhee played pretty well before getting hurt last year.  I don’t see why this means we can’t also sign Clay Matthews. 

As long as it's a cheap depth move. Decent player when he can play but doesn't have a lot left in the tank.

They can still sign Matthews. Maybe this is a way to drive his price down. Anybody on the roster can be cut.

2 hours ago, section18 said:

They can still sign Matthews. Maybe this is a way to drive his price down. Anybody on the roster can be cut.

I think your reaching here....I think they are pretty much done

I think we are pretty much done, as well. Report today connecting us with Clowney, but that's only happening if we move Judon.

Judon is a better fit on this team than Clowney.  Clowney is more of a run-stopper — 3 sacks last year, 32 in 6 years in the NFL.  We don’t need more run stuffers, we need sacks.  Judon gets to the QB more consistently.  Clowney is the better overall player.

Judon already knows the system which is important since there will likely be an abbreviated training camp and pre-season.  Plus we don’t have to commit to Judon for 5 years or whatever Clowney wants.

1 hour ago, dorfmac said:

I think we are pretty much done, as well. Report today connecting us with Clowney, but that's only happening if we move Judon.

Please post stuff like this in a link....Please!

Free agent DE Jadeveon Clowney ( )works at in Houston with Plex director . Clowney acknowledges remain on his radar,loved playing there. Other teams expressing interest according to NFL sources incl , , &

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/eagles-ravens-interested-in-jadeveon-clowney

1 hour ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Judon is a better fit on this team than Clowney.  Clowney is more of a run-stopper — 3 sacks last year, 32 in 6 years in the NFL.  We don’t need more run stuffers, we need sacks.  Judon gets to the QB more consistently.  Clowney is the better overall player.

Judon already knows the system which is important since there will likely be an abbreviated training camp and pre-season.  Plus we don’t have to commit to Judon for 5 years or whatever Clowney wants.

Art .... If you believe this you really need to watch film! Clowney is constantly disruptive despite the sacks not being as high as they should be. I posted an article and there are plenty of others you can look at.

At this point in his career, the guy is a cosmic-level game wrecker, plain and simple. It’s hard to even quantify the damage he does to opposing offenses with any sort of statistics. There are just so many things he does that don’t really translate to a stat sheet, but those plays end up making a difference in the game. Even when he isn’t the one making the play, Clowney will often be so disruptive that he clears a path for his teammates to make the play. You have to actually watch the guy play if you really want to get a feel for the true impact he has.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/11/14/20962452/jadeveon-clowney-seahawks-defense-touchdown-49ers-texans-film-breakdown

• Upvote 1