Sign in to follow this  
half hop

Favorite O's Writer

okay, yes, Boswell is awesome...but I meant Baltimore -based columnist...I go back to the mid 60s but, again, loved Kenny. Also enjoyed Littwin. Schmuck is my least favorite.

Boswell was great.    Richard Justice also was excellent.     As a Washington Post reader, I never read any of the Sun beat writers until around the time the Nats moved to DC and the Post cut back it’s O’s coverage.     Of the Sun beat writers since then, I’d probably vote for Jeff Zrebiec.   

33 minutes ago, half hop said:

Also can't forget John Steadman of The News American.

The guy who wanted the warehouse torn down.  Couldn’t stand him,  Amything he wrote I had the opposite opinion.

Not a beat writer (I don't think... I think he's a native Balmerian) I always liked Tim Kurkjian's take on anything Orioles. Always deeply knowledgeable of the whole system, not just the highlights and "talking points" 95% of other national writers regress to. Knows his [poop] and knows baseball in general, from the VERY beginning in "1869" until the very present day.

OsFanSinceThe80s, your picture didn't spark my memory on Tim. I was halfway up the thread catching up and something made me think of him. Weird coincidence tho. 😛

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Boswell was great.    Richard Justice also was excellent.     As a Washington Post reader, I never read any of the Sun beat writers until around the time the Nats moved to DC and the Post cut back it’s O’s coverage.     Of the Sun beat writers since then, I’d probably vote for Jeff Zrebiec.   

He was good. I liked Britt Ghiroli too. She was not in her home market, I'm not even sure baseball is her #1 sport. But she dove into it and was again, knowledgeable about the WHOLE system. Aside from being very easy on the eyes Britt was (is still) a VERY good writer. Always technically perfect (like Roch) but very clever and insightful. Saw details and angles that no one else did.

• Upvote 1