Sign in to follow this  
scOtt

Corona Virus Talk

On 5/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, weams said:

Let's drop the Novel Coronavirus talk in this thread. Make one in Hangout Club or something. 

Can do Mike. I have nothing to add except a thread to discuss all things Covid-19. And leave the baseball thread on the main page to be for baseball talk.

• Thanks 1

All I have to add to it is that I'm tired of staying at home. I think I've gained 10lbs in the two months of lock down and I don't even eat that much. Just not expending the calories I normally do. Think I might try intermittent fasting.

7 hours ago, OsEatAlEast said:

All I have to add to it is that I'm tired of staying at home. I think I've gained 10lbs in the two months of lock down and I don't even eat that much. Just not expending the calories I normally do. Think I might try intermittent fasting.

Take a walk at lunch time.   I’ve lost 2 pounds while I’ve been home, walking about 40 minutes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Take a walk at lunch time.   I’ve lost 2 pounds while I’ve been home, walking about 40 minutes.

I used to walk 4 miles a day on my daily commute. Now I walk to get snacks. I have no will power.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've actually lost weight. Been losing weight. Just by odd coincidence I weighed myself today for the first time in a while. I weigh what I did in 1988.

It's partly laziness. My "living room"... computer/TV room/man cave is on the 2nd floor. My appetite lately... is not firing. Nothing inspires me, makes me want to dive into it, to make me want to bother to go downstairs and cook/microwave something. I MAKE myself eat something every day. The quickest and easiest most times. Yesterday all I ate was a peanut butter and maple syrup sammich. Which was a great idea from the bowels of my brain. :D

I just don't eat much. one meal a day. On rare occasions I'll have a bowl of cereal in the morning and then maybe a little snack of something at night. But my weight was down this year while working. Since I've been off work my weight is dropping even more. Even drinking beer every day. Approaching slim and trim. FAR from fit but my weight is down.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I used to walk 4 miles a day on my daily commute. Now I walk to get snacks. I have no will power.

LOL kind of defeats the purpose! 😛

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

I have lost 30 pounds. I cut out all processed food. Do push ups and hikes to keep fit along with running behind daughter while she rides her bike. 

I am 3 pounds below what I was when I met my wife but think not as lean as I was hitting the gym pretty hard back then. Less muscle. 

Oh I have also been doing zumba with my daughter.  Plus other online work-outs she finds on youtube.  

Here is a real good story that a good friend passed along, and I figure it was worth a post here.

Granted that she is a Red Sox fan, but it still a hell of a story.

She was a one-year-old infant when Babe Ruth and the Red Sox won the 1918 World Series.

She was 29 years-old when the Red Sox and their fans' hearts were broken in Game 7 of the 1946 World Series by Enos Slaughter's "Mad Dash to Home Plate."

She was 50 years-old when the Red Sox won the Pennant in the 1967 "Impossible Dream" season.

She was 55 years-old when the Red Sox lost the division title by one-half of a game to the Tigers in 1972 (which was allowed to happen because of the early-season Players Strike that year.)

She was 61 years-old when she witnessed the Yankees come from 14 games back on July 19th of 1978 to overtake the Red Sox for the division title.

She was 69 years-old when the Red Sox suffered a horrible collapse in the bottom of the 10th inning in Game 6 of the 1986 world Series against the Mets.

She was 86 years-old when the Red Sox suffered another horrible post-season collapse against the Yankees in Game 7 of that year's ALCS.

She was 89 years-old when the Red Sox won the first World Series for the first time in 86 years in 2004.

She was 101 years-old when the Red Sox won their  9th World Series ever in 2018.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-woman-age-103-recovers-celebrates-bud-light-20200528-7wicxp6twzbujbwwmif3sk62ie-story.html#nt=oft-Double Chain~Flex Feature~top-version1~beer-1019p~~1~yes-art~curated~curatedpage

• Upvote 1

If there is not a spike in numbers after this past weekend then the regulation need to be dropped for social distancing etc. 

23 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

If there is not a spike in numbers after this past weekend then the regulation need to be dropped for social distancing etc. 

It takes 2-3 weeks to know what impact any particular action had.   

Maryland really hasn’t had much of a drop from its peak.    Disappointing.   

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It takes 2-3 weeks to know what impact any particular action had.   

Maryland really hasn’t had much of a drop from its peak.    Disappointing.   

I agree we will not know for 2-3 weeks.  

On 6/1/2020 at 7:40 PM, Pushmonkey said:

No one is paying attention to the rules too much anymore. I say just drop them and let the chips fall where they may.