Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

PFF : Despite Additions Ravens Still Among Worst Receiving Corps in League

4 hours ago, SouthRider said:

I think they are going to regret trading Hayden Hurst, at least for the short term.  

If Breeland is healthy I have no doubt he can match Hursts production from last year.....None!

I doubt he can match Hurst's production, but I also don't think that production is something we will really miss. He didn't even pull 350 yards. The only reason we will miss Hurst is if Andrews goes down with an injury.

On 5/22/2020 at 8:18 PM, dorfmac said:

I doubt he can match Hurst's production, but I also don't think that production is something we will really miss. He didn't even pull 350 yards. The only reason we will miss Hurst is if Andrews goes down with an injury.

The guy is a patch catching TE in college. If not for the knee injury he’s probably the top TE in the draft and goes late in the 1st. He had 405 yards and 6 TDS in 6 games.

Again, If healthy he easily makes the team and get 400 yards.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

The guy is a patch catching TE in college. If not for the knee injury he’s probably the top TE in the draft and goes late in the 1st. He had 405 yards and 6 TDS in 6 games.

Again, If healthy he easily makes the team and get 400 yards.

Not even close. I haven't seen one scouting report that even projects him to be an NFL starter. He isn't fast, isn't athletic, and isn't a good blocker.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:29 PM, Roll Tide said:

I think they are probably right. Loses to free agency and no signings. Drafted receivers usually don’t make an immediate impact

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/21/despite-additions-pff-thinks-ravens-wr-corps-is-among-nfls-worst/

Ravens are betting that its drafted receivers will improve during the season and become impact players during the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Not even close. I haven't seen one scouting report that even projects him to be an NFL starter. He isn't fast, isn't athletic, and isn't a good blocker.

He’s not a plus athlete..your right

Hands - Doesn’t fight the ball and demonstrates sound ability to snatch the football. Does well to hang on through pending contact and isn’t loose with the football. Can be a touch tardy at times to get his hands aligned to greet the football but it’s a minor gripe. 

Ball Skills - Really emerged as a vertical receiving threat in 2019, showcasing sound ability to track and adjust to the football in the air. Has an above the rim game and is able to extend his catch radius in the air. Has good body control and concentration at the catch point. 

YAC Ability - He’s physical and competitive, showcasing a potent stiff arm as he battles for extra yardage. Won’t be a priority to provide chances to create for himself but he will decisively work up the field. Modest athletic profile limits appeal in this area. 

PROS: Has decent long speed to attack the deep third of the field; most successful on vertical routes working into space between zones. Can address football away from frame and has great length and leaping ability to increase size of the catch radius. Catch through contact with plus concentration evident on tape. Able to take on contact after the catch and maintain feet to pick up extra YAC. Gives effort as a blocker; will drop his hips and engage with hands as an H-back looking to seal off with leverage or when climbing into the second level

Draftwire

If your favorite team is looking for a prospect in the 2020 NFL draft class who can do it all, Oregon’s Jake Breeland checks every box.

And

Per Breeland

JB: I enjoy being able to do everything. I can split out wide and be a threat in the passing game. I can play in the slot or line up in the backfield. I can play next to the tackle and make an impact in the run game. You get asked to do a little bit of everything as a tight end. I can go out there and block. I love the versatility. You get a little bit of everything.

Sounds like a hard worker

JB: That’s a tough question to answer in such few words. I’m gonna be a loyal, trustworthy kind of guy. I played for three different head coaches at Oregon, and I decided to stick with it. I’ve been through a lot in my life, and I persevered through it all. I’m in it for the long run. I would love to play on the same team for a long time. I wanna play in the NFL for a long time. I love the game, and I love to compete. Whatever team gets me, they’re gonna get the best of me.

DK Nation

Scouting Report

Breeland is at his best as a receiver, as he has good size and ability to track deep passes and rise up for receptions. He does have great speed but can absorb hits after the catch and pick up extra yards. But, his athletic profile just isn’t up to NFL standards. He will need to become a much better blocker to stick in the league as a tight end and that will likely mean putting on more bulk, which would be a detriment to his offensive ability, which is why he was picked up in the first place.

Scouting Report

Breeland is at his best as a receiver, as he has good size and ability to track deep passes and rise up for receptions. He does have great speed but can absorb hits after the catch and pick up extra yards. But, his athletic profile just isn’t up to NFL standards. He will need to become a much better blocker to stick in the league as a tight end and that will likely mean putting on more bulk, which would be a detriment to his offensive ability, which is why he was picked up in the first place.

DK Nation

He only needs to cover Hursts 400+/- yards

Loves the jump ball....We have a jump ball QB

9 hours ago, Brian88 said:

No speed ...but several places call him take the top off type receiver 

Scouting Report: Jacob Breeland

School: Oregon Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 241 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

A unique tight end prospect that projects almost as a take the top off of the defense vertical receiver. Could be drafted as a wide receiver, as there is not much in his game that applies to the tight end position. Best when used downfield and to keep defenses honest. A natural catcher of the long ball. Not effective as a run blocker or as a blocker in the passing game. Short to mid routes don’t show much separation. An interesting prospect that will need to find the right system to thrive.