Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
weams

Intentional Talk: Asa Lacy

Recommended Posts

Scores high as being personable and well spoken!   Was also interesting during the “Texas History Quiz”, when he and Millar were asked to name one of the seven Texas born Hall of Famers,  he quickly answered “ Nolan Ryan” (natch) but when neither he nor Millar came up with a second quickly, Chris Rose read the rest.   Frank Robinson was one of them, to which Lacy commented  “ I did not realize Frank Robinson was born in Texas”.

(Almost like .... how did I miss that when studying up on the Orioles.... 🤔!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

Scores high as being personable and well spoken!   Was also interesting during the “Texas History Quiz”, when he and Millar were asked to name one of the seven Texas born Hall of Famers,  he quickly answered “ Nolan Ryan” (natch) but when neither he nor Millar came up with a second quickly, Chris Rose read the rest.   Frank Robinson was one of them, to which Lacy commented  “ I did not realize Frank Robinson was born in Texas”.

(Almost like .... how did I miss that when studying up on the Orioles.... 🤔!)

Interesting.  I didn't know that Frank was born in Texas, either.  I know he went to high school in Oakland, California with Bill Russell, Curt Flood, and Vada Pinson.  He played basketball with Russell and baseball with the other two.  Can you imagine playing against a team with multiple guys like that in high school?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if a similar windup can tell us anything about him being anything as good as Kershaw? I don't doubt he's a stud prospect, I'm just saying. What happens to the ball after it leaves the windup is the thing that matters..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, interloper said:

As if a similar windup can tell us anything about him being anything as good as Kershaw? I don't doubt he's a stud prospect, I'm just saying. What happens to the ball after it leaves the windup is the thing that matters..

If I were a betting man, I would guess it heads towards home plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Interesting.  I didn't know that Frank was born in Texas, either.  I know he went to high school in Oakland, California with Bill Russell, Curt Flood, and Vada Pinson.  He played basketball with Russell and baseball with the other two.  Can you imagine playing against a team with multiple guys like that in high school?

Mark Reynolds, BJ Upton, Justin Upton,  David Wright and Ryan Zimmerman all played on the same showcase team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's seems like a very nice young man. Ace lefty, grab him if Detroit fumbles it.

I'm still drooling over the 9 pound largemouth!!!!! Biggest one I ever caught was about 4 1/2 and that thing was a monster (to me anyways... everything's bigger in Tejas.) I can't even imagine what it'd be like to haul in something THAT big.

We're going down to the lake this weekend. Maybe not the smartest idea in the world but we're going...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...