Jump to content
interloper

Keegan Akin likes violently racist tweet

Recommended Posts

I can't post the tweet because of strong language including the n-word, but it's easily found if you search Twitter. There are screenshots proving he liked it. I sure hope it's accidental. If not, it's devastatingly disappointing and I expect he will face pretty severe consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I can't post the tweet because of strong language including the n-word, but it's easily found if you search Twitter. There are screenshots proving he liked it. I sure hope it's accidental. If not, he needs to be released immediately and I expect he will be.

I haven't seen the tweet, I'm not going to look for the tweet but releasing someone over liking any tweet is ridiculous when you consider what players have done over the years and manged to stay employed.

I'm not just talking about pre-segeragtion days.

Of course it being hypocritical doesn't mean it might not happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I haven't seen the tweet, I'm not going to look for the tweet but releasing someone over liking any tweet is ridiculous when you consider what players have done over the years and manged to stay employed.

I'm not just talking about pre-segeragtion days.

Of course it being hypocritical doesn't mean it might not happen.

Yet you were very upset when the Orioles signed Deleon Young. Seems pretty hypocritical of you that you don’t want Akin released.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atomic said:

Yet you were very upset when the Orioles signed Deleon Young. Seems pretty hypocritical of you that you don’t want Akin released.

Can you read?

Can you show me where I said that I don't want Akin released?

I said it would be ridiculous and hypocritical if they did.

How was that not clear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can you read?

Can you show me where I said that I don't want Akin released?

I said it would be ridiculous and hypocritical if they did.

How was that not clear?

New management, brothers are in charge. I changed the OP though as it was mostly just my opinion re: release. Dunno how you keep that guy on your roster though, just me. 

Also, doing the right thing late is better than never doing the right thing. I would welcome the hypocrisy in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can you read?

Can you show me where I said that I don't want Akin released?

I said it would be ridiculous and hypocritical if they did.

How was that not clear?

Saying it is ridiculous means you don’t want him released. I am glad I don’t have to make the decisions on this but if you didn’t want Delmon on the team for his actions you shouldn’t want Akin in the team either if he purposely liked that tweet.   I gave Delmon benefit of the doubt as he was drunk and didn’t happen when he was an Oriole. Turns out he had another incident so I was wrong. 
 

As for the Orioles being hypocritical..I don’t think the Angelos brothers have had anything like this happen before when they were in charge.  It puts the team in a bad light and he is a borderline prospect.  
 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, interloper said:

New management, brothers are in charge. I changed the OP though as it was mostly just my opinion. Dunno how you keep that guy on your roster though, just me. 

Also, doing the right thing late is better than never doing the right thing.

Doing the right thing?

If an established, quality major league player, say a 3-4 win guy likes that tweet any chance he gets released?

Akin is disposable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Doing the right thing?

If an established, quality major league player, say a 3-4 win guy likes that tweet any chance he gets released?

Akin is disposable.

I think in this moment an established major leaguer might get released.   The timing of this coming out is not the best for Akin.  I will wait to see if this was actually Akin before passing judgement.  
 

But of course a person of limited upside is not worth the hit to the teams reputation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Saying it is ridiculous means you don’t want him released. I am glad I don’t have to make the decisions on this but if you didn’t want Delmon on the team for his actions you shouldn’t want Akin in the team either if he purposely liked that tweet.  
 

As for the Orioles being hypocritical..I don’t think the Angelos brothers have had anything like this happen before when they were in charge.  It puts the team in a bad light and he is a borderline prospect.  
 

 

No it doesn't.

That isn't the point I was making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Doing the right thing?

If an established, quality major league player, say a 3-4 win guy likes that tweet any chance he gets released?

Akin is disposable.

Ok I know you can't resist finding the one thing in my posts to pick apart and disagree with, but I'm not sure why you're focusing on this aspect. I changed the OP to reflect less of my opinion. I'm not super interested in a message board spat right now to be honest 

The point of the thread is to make folks aware. We'll just see what comes of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, interloper said:

Ok I know you can't resist finding the one thing in my posts to pick apart and disagree with, but I'm not sure why you're focusing on this aspect. I changed the OP to reflect less of my opinion. I'm not super interested in a message board spat right now to be honest 

The point of the thread is to make folks aware. We'll just see what comes of it. 

It isn't personal, it is never personal with me.  

I'm just pointing out that it is easy to "do the right thing" when it is someone like Akin.

That is why it is so laughable that Atomic thinks I want Akin in the organization.  He's a fungible asset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have liked tweets dozens of times accidentally without even knowing I did it until I look back at my liked tweets. It's really easy to like a tweet when you are just scrolling.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • We have the #1 pick. I’m hoping the draft actually happens this offseason. It’s a nice way for us to add a top 30 organizational prospect for a minimal price. 
    • MLB pipeline had him as Boston’s #19 prospect in 2019. Seems like he might be a RH version of Alex Wells. Reyes might throw a bit harder at 88-92. Good milb depth to add. His scouting report from mlbpipeline after the 2019 season is below, Scouting grades: Fastball: 50 | Slider: 50 | Curveball: 45 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 60 | Overall: 40 Boston spent more than $146 million on its 2014 international class, including a $72.5 million contract for Rusney Castillo and a record $31.5 million bonus (plus a matching amount in penalty tax) for Yoan Moncada. Signed with no fanfare for $90,000 out of the Dominican Republic that July, Reyes has pounded the strike zone and dominated everywhere he has gone since. The low Class A South Atlantic League named him its pitcher of the year in 2018, when he ranked second in the Minors in WHIP (0.91), fourth in ERA (1.97) and K/BB ratio (7.6) and fifth in walk rate (1.1 per nine innings). Reyes derives his success from uncanny command, a knack for sequencing his pitches and deception. His fastball works from 88-92 mph with ordinary life, but plays better than its velocity because he uses his 6-foot-4 frame and high arm slot to create extension and downhill plane. His changeup is his most reliable secondary offering and his low-80s slider/cutter is more effective than his mid-70s curveball, which has shape but lacks power. Reyes has supreme pitchability but his body is fairly maxed out, so he probably won't throw much harder. He has little margin for error but rarely made mistakes while averaging 0.9 walks per nine innings during his first four pro seasons. While it's hard to give him a ceiling higher than a No. 5 starter, he's intelligent, determined and gets the most out of his ability.
    • And TJ McFarland, who has done quite well for himself.
    • How could you forget Joey Rickard. 
    • Rank every player in our minor league system from 1-150.  We got time.
    • I believe Palmer walked the bases loaded in the ninth inning of his no hitter doing exactly that.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...