Diaz  RF

Rutschman C    (S)

Mountcastle 1B

Kjerstad  LF/DH   (L)

Santander LF/DH (S)

Richie Martin SS

Henderson 3B   (L)

Hall/ Westburg/ Greiner 2B

Diaz will arrive  in Baltimore at least a year before Kjerstand.  Diaz can play RF and has above average speed and arm.  He can field.   Diaz will be hard for Kjerstad push out of right field if Diaz reaches his potential.    That moves Kjarstand to left in competition with Santander.  Either can DH.    Kjerstand does help balance the lineup with Rutschman/Kjerstad/Santander/ Henderson able to hit lefty vs right-handed pitching.

Westburg will compete with Richie Martin, Hall, and Greiner for SS/2B.   There is some speed in this lineup with Hayes/Diaz/Martin/Hall/Westburg/Grenier

Note:  I would have taken Lacy over Kjerstad since Elias did not feel Austin Martin was worth the money at #2.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CarrRun49 said:

I have little to no belief Cayden Greiner will ever make it to the major leagues.

I would not argue with that but his fielding is reportedly very good and he may end up as a good glove/no hit  infield utility player if his bat does not come around.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Imagine penciling in Richie Martin as the SS in 2024. 😂

Unimpressive isn't it.

Edited by Cavspider

12 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

If only there were some nice SS free agents coming up soon 🙏

13 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

I am not as down on Richie as some people are.  He was making the jump from AA to the majors last year and it took him a while to adjust.   But I think he can field the SS position.    I am hoping his hitting comes around.   Being tutored by Iglesias could help him.   He is a work in progress IMO.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It's a safe bet that at least half those players will not be on the team, or at least not in that capacity.

Just where do you think the players are coming from?   There is not much to trade and it takes at least two to three years for even a college player to make it through the minors.     Most of these players are young and still developing.   I agree they will not be the players they are today but I hope they progress.

Just now, wildcard said:

Just where do you think the players are coming from?   There is not much to trade and it takes at least two to three years for even a college player to make it through the minors.     Most of these players are young and still developing.   I agree they will not be the players they are today but I hope they progress.

Waiver claims, rule V draft.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Waiver claims, rule V draft.

These are the guys that fill out a team but are probably not the ones the beat these guys out of starting spots.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

These are the guys that fill out a team but are probably not the ones the beat these guys out of starting spots.

You have Cadyn Grenier listed.

• Upvote 1

Will either of these guys be Top 100 prospects? Cross that bridge first before even thinking about where they fit on MLB roster!

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Austin Hayes  CF

Diaz  RF

Rutschman C    (S)

Mountcastle 1B

Kjerstad  LF/DH   (L)

Santander LF/DH

Richie Martin SS

Henderson 3B   (L)

Hall/ Westburg/ Greiner 2B

Diaz will arrive  in Baltimore at least a year before Kjerstand.  Diaz can play RF and has above average speed and arm.  He can field.   Diaz will be hard for Kjerstad push out of right field if Diaz reaches his potential.    That moves Kjarstand to left in competition with Santander.  Either can DH.    Kjerstand does help balance the lineup with Rutschman/Kjerstad/Santander/ Henderson able to hit lefty vs right-handed pitching.

Westburg will compete with Richie Martin, Hall, and Greiner for SS/2B.   There is some speed in this lineup with Hayes/Diaz/Martin/Hall/Westburg/Grenier

Note:  I would have taken Lacy over Kjerstad since Elias did not feel Austin Martin was worth the money at #2.

Looks like ME thinks it will be the other way around. 

“It was just a matter of picking out the right one for us,” Elias said. “With Heston, we feel really strongly and confidently that he’s going to play a good right field and be able to stay there. It’s a really strong profile. It’s a classic profile for that position, and I think there was a lot of certainty attached to that.”

Why is everyone so down on Grenier?  I was suprised to see that after one season in the minor leagues in an organization we know can make players make some pretty major adjustments.

Looking at his stats for the first time I see some decent things going on there.  Some power, lots of walks.