Diaz  RF

Rutschman C    (S)

Mountcastle 1B

Kjerstad  LF/DH   (L)

Santander LF/DH

Richie Martin SS

Henderson 3B   (L)

Hall/ Westburg/ Greiner 2B

Diaz will arrive  in Baltimore at least a year before Kjerstand.  Diaz can play RF and has above average speed and arm.  He can field.   Diaz will be hard for Kjerstad push out of right field if Diaz reaches his potential.    That moves Kjarstand to left in competition with Santander.  Either can DH.    Kjerstand does help balance the lineup with Rutschman/Kjerstad/Santander/ Henderson able to hit lefty vs right-handed pitching.

Westburg will compete with Richie Martin, Hall, and Greiner for SS/2B.   There is some speed in this lineup with Hayes/Diaz/Martin/Hall/Westburg/Grenier

Note:  I would have taken Lacy over Kjerstad since Elias did not feel Austin Martin was worth the money at #2.

Elias says Kjerstad is a right fielder. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Austin Hayes  CF

Diaz  RF

Rutschman C    (S)

Mountcastle 1B

Kjerstad  LF/DH   (L)

Santander LF/DH

Richie Martin SS

Henderson 3B   (L)

Hall/ Westburg/ Greiner 2B

Diaz will arrive  in Baltimore at least a year before Kjerstand.  Diaz can play RF and has above average speed and arm.  He can field.   Diaz will be hard for Kjerstad push out of right field if Diaz reaches his potential.    That moves Kjarstand to left in competition with Santander.  Either can DH.    Kjerstand does help balance the lineup with Rutschman/Kjerstad/Santander/ Henderson able to hit lefty vs right-handed pitching.

Westburg will compete with Richie Martin, Hall, and Greiner for SS/2B.   There is some speed in this lineup with Hayes/Diaz/Martin/Hall/Westburg/Grenier

Note:  I would have taken Lacy over Kjerstad since Elias did not feel Austin Martin was worth the money at #2.

Well Diaz hasn't made it yet and there is a 75% chance at least one of the guys will fail.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

In other news Tork is a third baseman.

The powah, the powah.    

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Elias going to hold Kjerstad back to delay his service clock?

Or is Elias' replacement going to trade him?

Not enough contact from Kjerstad.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Projecting an outright miss.

Bold move Cotton.

Well you were advocating pretty hard for an underslot at #2. Thats exactly what Elias' did .... The overslot guy appeared to be gone before 30! I'm not even sure I understand the Westburg pick either! The guy currently doesn't have much power, is pull crazy, and has difficulty managing the strike zone at times.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Not really, most of these guys are going to be misses.

Most guys that go 1-2 do something in the majors.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Not really, most of these guys are going to be misses.

True but how do you feel when the Blue Jays hit and we miss in an attempt to save money for no clear reason?

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Well you were advocating pretty hard for an underslot at #2. Thats exactly what Elias' did .... The overslot guy appeared to be gone before 30! I'm not even sure I understand the Westburg pick either! The guy currently doesn't have much power, is pull crazy, and has difficulty managing the strike zone at times.

I wasn't advocating for it.

I just said that it was a viable strategy in the right situation.  I didn't even say that I thought this year was the right situation.

I didn't advocate for any player this year.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

True but how do you feel when the Blue Jays hit and we miss in an attempt to save money for no clear reason?

Crappy.  How do you feel? 

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wasn't advocating for it.

I just said that it was a viable strategy in the right situation.  I didn't even say that I thought this year was the right situation.

I didn't advocate for any player this year.

Well ... the approach appears to be a dumb move now. Most/all here seem to be pretty unhappy! I don't for the life of me understand why you leave a guy with a 70 hit tool on the board to take Kjerstad. The Orioles have a real shortage of OBP guys and had a chance to add a really good one.

I realize only time will tell if Elias is right ....But this move reminds me of the Hobgood selection and we all know how that went

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Crappy.  How do you feel? 

Disgusted ... the Orioles continue to do crap wrong ....while things seems to go the other way for the Ravens.