atomic

Would you attend games at Camden Yards this summer.

Would you go to a game at Camden Yards this year  

103 members have voted

1. 1. If they limited the number of fans to have groups 6 feet apart would you attend a game this year

Would you be willing to attend games this year at Camden Yards if the state allowed them and baseball was played?

I said yes if they kept gaps between groups.   I don't see why not. Safer than being in a gym or grocery store. 

Nahhh. I'd think about it real hard, but ultimately I'd decide to just watch the game at home because people are extremely bad at following COVID protocols in public. I agree it's no worse than the grocery store, but it is one more public place you're going to that you might not otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

With adequate separation, yes.   Would have to figure out concessions ... maybe switch to deliver to seat, I know some arenas n NHL NBA  already do this

It was never a matter of whether you'd get it, it was a matter of whether they had room for you at the hospital.

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Where would you pee? 

You put your mask on to pee.  

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

No way would I go to a game if a mask was required.

It wouldn’t be required in your seat.  Just when you are walking about.

I might be OK with being in the ballpark with groups six feet apart.  The problem would be getting to and from the ballpark.

In normal times, I drive down from York on I-83 and take the Timonium exit, then catch the light rail to Camden Yards.

Under normal circumstances, I'm willing to put up with the crush of humanity on the light rail.  But I don't expect the threat of the coronavirus to be over before the end of the 2020 baseball season.  I don't feel all that sure that the threat is going to be over before the end of the 2021 baseball season.

Considering I'm in the high-risk age bracket, I think as long as that threat exists, I'm going to have to forego trips to Camden Yards.

Absolutely, provided I wasn't required to wear a mask.  Of course I'm one of those that think we blew this entire situation way out of proportion.  Luckily I live in a rural area, and we only have like 102 cases in the entire county, most in one nursing home that got hit really badly.  When you go to the store around here less than 20% of folks are wearing masks or gloves or anything.  But yes, I'd gladly go. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, forphase1 said:

Absolutely, provided I wasn't required to wear a mask.  Of course I'm one of those that think we blew this entire situation way out of proportion.  Luckily I live in a rural area, and we only have like 102 cases in the entire county, most in one nursing home that got hit really badly.  When you go to the store around here less than 20% of folks are wearing masks or gloves or anything.  But yes, I'd gladly go. 

You just convinced me.

Nope, not going. Not even in September when there will be 200 people in the park.

• Upvote 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• B. IMO, these rankings have been revolving around potential, mostly.  And if people want to weigh the grades towards potential, that's fine but it usually doesn't take into account that the potential might not pan out.  Adley is a great prospect and if you're going to bet on someone, you should bet on him but there's still a chance he could not be the all-world catcher that we're hoping for.  And the B is because of Adley, not because I'm enthralled with what we currently have. Severino and Sisco are decent (not great) hitting catchers.  After his red hot start to 2020, Severino came back down to earth pretty quickly, his OPS+ didn't crack 100.  I love Sisco's plate discipline, his separation between his batting average and on base percentage is pretty absurd but I'm not sure if hell ever hit above .250.  If he did, his on base percentage could end up over .400.  His OPS+ this year was 105. Both of these guys have average defense, at best.   I'm not sure if SG's claim of having the best catching situation in the sport is accurate as I'm not up to date on what other franchise situations look like.  But when you have a top 5 prospect at catcher, you can probably be in the conversation, so I'll go along and agree with him.  But again, if you're going to give out grades for untapped potential, you also need to take into account that these guys might not work out.
    • I feel like it is really tough to evaluate the future of a bullpen just because of the unknowns. Who really knows what flawed starter will be thrown to the bullpen and be a stud....I don’t think anyone saw Zach Britton coming. I guess the good news is that when you have the depth the Os are growing, it gives a decent indication that there can be impact arms in the pen.
    • I understand the OP grade of an A, but I would imagine that grade takes into account what our organization was as much as what it currently is. If you compare it to our history, I would agree with the A grade. But comparing to other organizations, I would think a B is probably more realistic. I say this having done zero research to support this comment. Either way, I am happy with the state of the pitching, and think next year will be a big one to see what we actually have.
    • Depth drove that one.  We have the best catching prospect, but not much depth.  Knock on wood, Adley gets hurt/doesn't perform, our grade would drop tremendously.
    • This is a pretty simplistic way of looking at Brocail's body of work - albeit unusual from our best poster. I do not have the time to go into more detail, but I will put out a few thoughts that may have led to a change in our pitching coach - in the absence of looking at a detailed pitcher by pitcher analysis from last year to this year. - I believe our defense was supposed to be better in 2020 than 2019 - something that could have impacted pitcher results. - the removal of Dylan Bundy (2019 ERA 4.79, ERA+ 98) and the addition of Alex Cobb (2020 ERA 4.30, ERA+ 106) - speaking of Mr. Bundy, his improvement in results in 2020 with another organization based on a change in pitch mix (as well as opponents) is not a good reflection on our pitching coach - especially if it were determined that the pitch mix change was something that should have been implemented last year based on available data.  Not sure of the results of other pitchers who left the organization. - also not sure of the improvement of someone like Tanner Scott  from 2019 (ERA 4.78, ERA+99) to 2020 (ERA 1.31, ERA+351!) - what role did Brocail have in the improvement or perhaps in Scott's mediocre numbers last year. My guess is that our GM has made a numbers based decision on Brocail - just as it was pointed out here how bad Flores was in 2020.  
    • So is Brocail done with the O's all together, or could he be reassigned?
  • Popular Contributors