atomic

Would you attend games at Camden Yards this summer.

Would you go to a game at Camden Yards this year  

103 members have voted

1. 1. If they limited the number of fans to have groups 6 feet apart would you attend a game this year

7 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

They are/were not just media hype either. Go preach your science-denial propaganda to someone else in your bubble who agrees with you. Because epidemiologists will refute the claim SARS-CoV-2 is just "hype."

Never said Hype. What I said is pure Science. Covid 19 is genetically in the H1N1 and Spanish flu family. Go look it up.

Just an fyi. During the Hong Kong flu of 1969-1970 Woodstock was held. Again, go look it up.

Figured that this thread would be the best place to post this.  The Rockies are letting their STH'ers opt into attending a limited number of games.  

Edited by ThomasTomasz

Hopefully the orioles will do something similar, though as has been mentioned it certainly makes the owners complaints seem disingenuous. 

5 hours ago, 24fps said:

I think you're playing a little fast and loose with taxonomy.  The family bovidae for example includes sheep, goats, musk oxen, a variety of antelopes and Elsie the cow.  I advise you to not mistake a musk ox for Elsie as you stumble out bed on your way to do your morning milking.  In something as dangerous as COVID-19 is proving to be, distinctions matter.

Hey putz, it's the flu.

• Downvote 8

On 7/1/2020 at 3:52 AM, Satyr3206 said:

Hey putz, it's the flu.

I guess you are defining “the flu” in a very broad way.   Fine, but what’s your point?   Here’s an article from a public health expert (who I heard speak last week) about what’s expected this fall when COVID-19 and common influenza hit as the same time.  Clearly he doesn’t see the two as being the same thing.    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2767284?guestAccessKey=6e7bf09d-55dd-4bbf-9d37-2bfc4b352828&utm_source=jps&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=author_alert-jamanetwork&utm_content=author-author_engagement&utm_term=1m

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I’d go to a packed Camden Yards right now to see them practice.

You are a true fan.  As hot as it was the last two days I think I would pass. 

Funny, I get 8 down votes and Legend of Joey gets two up votes. My view on this is based entirely in science. The family of coronaviruses. including the common cold, have been around for a very long time. If you spend the time to do your own research you may or may not come to the same conclusion. Sort of amazing all these stat guys can't see the info in front of them. Objective thought requires that you think..........Objectively.

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

I guess you are defining “the flu” in a very broad way.   Fine, but what’s your point?   Here’s an article from a public health expert (who I heard speak last week) about what’s expected this fall when COVID-19 and common influenza hit as the same time.  Clearly he doesn’t see the two as being the same thing.    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2767284?guestAccessKey=6e7bf09d-55dd-4bbf-9d37-2bfc4b352828&utm_source=jps&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=author_alert-jamanetwork&utm_content=author-author_engagement&utm_term=1m

My point is that the flu has never shut the Country down like this.

I really don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees.  Do your own research. Come to your own conclusion.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I really don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees.  Do your own research. Come to your own conclusion.

The fact that coronavirus is related to other strains of flu strikes me as beside the point.   I’ll just leave it at that.    

1 hour ago, Satyr3206 said:

Funny, I get 8 down votes and Legend of Joey gets two up votes. My view on this is based entirely in science. The family of coronaviruses. including the common cold, have been around for a very long time. If you spend the time to do your own research you may or may not come to the same conclusion. Sort of amazing all these stat guys can't see the info in front of them. Objective thought requires that you think..........Objectively.

If you can’t tell why your post got downvoted and Legend of Joey’s got upvoted, you may want to do a little more research.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Satyr3206 said:

Why would you think we haven't?

• Thanks 2