weams

NEW 60 GAME Proposal [Baseball is Back!]

Just now, weams said:

I don’t think that’s a fair portrayal that keeps opinion out of it at all. Maybe literally accurate, but definitely skewed to make one side look better. Could easily add, “but we can sue you if any of us get sick” to the end of the players’ supposed position statement if one wants to play that game. 

• Upvote 2

Trevor Bauer is of the belief that this is a delaying tactic by Manfred and company to slow things down for a couple weeks, by which point there will only be enough days left before the end of September to have the 50ish game season the owners really want.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Trevor Bauer is of the belief that this is a delaying tactic by Manfred and company to slow things down for a couple weeks, by which point there will only be enough days left before the end of September to have the 50ish game season the owners really want.

Not much of a delaying tactic.  The players either agree to it or not.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Not much of a delaying tactic.  The players either agree to it or not.  

And ten or 15 days from now the owners relent from that requirement, stating that for the good of the game they will nobly give up the requirement that the players waive legal recourse.   And oh, by the way, there is now only time for a 3 week spring training and 55 or so games before September 27, which the players had previously said was too little.

At least that is what Bauer says.

Just now, SteveA said:

And ten or 15 days from now the owners relent from that requirement, stating that for the good of the game they will nobly give up the requirement that the players waive legal recourse.   And oh, by the way, there is now only time for a 3 week spring training and 55 or so games before September 27, which the players had previously said was too little.

At least that is what Bauer says.

Why would the owners relent?  If you are going to sue if you get the virus that could be quite a liability to the team.  Seems reasonable for the owners to want this.  Players should know the risk and make a decision best for them individually.  

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Oh this has nothing to do with the virus it has to do with the players saying when they report they will sue for more money.  The agreement signed in March says only if fans can attend games and there are not travel restrictions in US or Canada.  The owners should just say contracts are void and let’s negotiate the new CBA now. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, weams said:

Educate me, Ive been away at the beach enjoying the sun and family. I parked my phone and ignored the outside world and now playing catch up.

Why would the players sue the owners for a shortened season?