Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roy Firestone

Happiness for the newest Oriole...after the horror of Parkland.

Recommended Posts

You might have seen my feature piece about Coby Mayo, the third baseman, and fourth round draft pick who will be signing for the Orioles out of Stoneman-Douglas High School in Florida. Thats the school that endured the horrible tragedy of a shooting which left 17 students and some faculty members dead. But the happy news is that Coby, now 18, is now going to be a pro baseball player. I set up this phone call with the legendary Brooks Robinson, my lifelong friend since I was the batboy back in the late 60's and early 70's...and this brief call was sweet for me to witness.Two generations of Oriole third basemen on this call...Now I need to hook Coby up with Cal Ripken Jr. Congratulations Coby...and thanks to one of the greatest people I've ever known, my dear friend Brooks Robinson.

103983582_10158189561768604_3458146552439825171_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=f2c4d5&_nc_ohc=E89By8D4TncAX-l1fBa&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=2a3b8f86203e64021bdfd8a0b92b1457&oe=5F1098CB
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck to Coby on and off the field.  Thank you to Roy for showing us there is a healing power in sports in this crazy time.  It won't heal everything, but it makes a difference.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

You might have seen my feature piece about Coby Mayo, the third baseman, and fourth round draft pick who will be signing for the Orioles out of Stoneman-Douglas High School in Florida. Thats the school that endured the horrible tragedy of a shooting which left 17 students and some faculty members dead. But the happy news is that Coby, now 18, is now going to be a pro baseball player. I set up this phone call with the legendary Brooks Robinson, my lifelong friend since I was the batboy back in the late 60's and early 70's...and this brief call was sweet for me to witness.Two generations of Oriole third basemen on this call...Now I need to hook Coby up with Cal Ripken Jr. Congratulations Coby...and thanks to one of the greatest people I've ever known, my dear friend Brooks Robinson.

103983582_10158189561768604_3458146552439825171_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=f2c4d5&_nc_ohc=E89By8D4TncAX-l1fBa&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=2a3b8f86203e64021bdfd8a0b92b1457&oe=5F1098CB
 

 

Glad he connected with Brooks. As has been said before. “He's an extraordinary human being, which is important, and the world's greatest third baseman of all time, which is incidental.“

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have scoured the internet in search of a Trey Mancini autographed jersey. Do you know where I might be able to buy one or win won in a charity auction? Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, D147 said:

I have scoured the internet in search of a Trey Mancini autographed jersey. Do you know where I might be able to buy one or win won in a charity auction? Thank you. 

Check with Mr. Firestone. He may help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, weams said:

Check with Mr. Firestone. He may help. 

Registered just to post the question. Doubting the validity of the inquiry.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Registered just to post the question. Doubting the validity of the inquiry.

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...