Sir_Loin

Kjerstad comes in at #99 on BA Top 100

15 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

lCryWU7.gif

Unfortunately that was Peter Angelos' opinion of the international market.

6 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

So @Can_of_corn, that means we'll see them in Baltimore in September of '25, right? All about the service time! :)

Beat me to it.  Another CoC post ahead about service time!  Oh boy!

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

You said they had many of those players, with reference to my description of Kjerstad.

They haven’t had 260/330/550, 35 homer, high K players.  

Maybe not but they had plenty of 20 homer, high strikeout, mediocre batting average, and low 3 OBP guys. Surely you remember the teams that is was basically a homer or nothing?

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

You said they had many of those players, with reference to my description of Kjerstad.

They haven’t had 260/330/550, 35 homer, high K players.  

We have Mancini don’t we?

27 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Maybe not but they had plenty of 20 homer, high strikeout, mediocre batting average, and low 3 OBP guys. Surely you remember the teams that is was basically a homer or nothing?

You could have stopped after you said “maybe not”

1 hour ago, MCO'sFan said:

You are absolutely correct!! I posted about this earlier in this thread. Unfortunately, you can be one of those posters. I respect your arguments but, you seem (at least to me) to have a need to "win" a discussion. We are all usually talking in opinion and the hypothetical. There is no "winning." 

If everyone agreed here it would be a very boring place. 

Is not changing my mind or position winning? If so I guess that would make you right. I really don’t agree with your perception of my need to win. Besides when it comes to prospects we won’t know the answer for years on winner/loser of this discussion. But, I will probably still be here and willing to admit that I got it wrong. Sadly, it’s doubtful 60 games will be enough to determine whether Villar is closer to the guy from the second half of last year and whether it was the right decision to sent him packing. 

I wonder since you are engaging me.... about a year ago on Villar you went through 2-3 threads and negative rep’d 10-12 of my consecutive posts regardless of what I said. 

Im certain @weams will confirm the validity my claim

You’ve been a member since late 2004 and have a whopping 284 posts. I’m rounding up when I say that amounts to about 2 per month. But you have given out that much rep since Sunday. It seems like you enjoy passing judgement, no?

Personally, I’d like to see you make more of a contribution to the forum and less with the rep button! Just my two cents 

3 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

One of the best posts I've seen in awhile, and I don't drink beer (or alcohol at all). :D☝️

We can't be internet friends

• Upvote 1

Every year a handful of players who were HS draftees or amateur free agents debut at 20. I don't see why the very best college players shouldn't be capable of playing in the majors in their first year or so after being drafted when they are 21 or 22. Whether that is best for their development or service time issues is a different story and probably why it rarely happens. Even so, it is nice to hear that about our somewhat controversial draft pick.

32 minutes ago, makoman said:

Every year a handful of players who were HS draftees or amateur free agents debut at 20. I don't see why the very best college players shouldn't be capable of playing in the majors in their first year or so after being drafted when they are 21 or 22. Whether that is best for their development or service time issues is a different story and probably why it rarely happens. Even so, it is nice to hear that about our somewhat controversial draft pick.

Don’t know but it doesn’t happen very often. I don’t think you will see Kjerstad or AR unless the rotation appears to be ready.

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

So @Can_of_corn, that means we'll see them in Baltimore in September of '25, right? All about the service time! :)

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Beat me to it.  Another CoC post ahead about service time!  Oh boy!

For the record I don't have much of an issue when it's an actual top prospect being manipulated.

I was fine when they did it to Wieters.

5 hours ago, weams said:

However, Richard Justice does not run the Orioles.  Mike Elias does and he does not rush core prospects.