2 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I think Phillies or cubs may be the best values there 

To take the over?

I’ll go under Tampa

under Houston

over Washington

over CWS

under Arizona.

60 games...largely against AL EAST.  No way the O's win 20.  Am I wrong?  In 2019 they played to 54-108 or .333.  This year, they have traded away talent, still lack pitching and will play essentially against AL East, all of whom will be miles better than Baltimore.

20.5/60 would be a .341 record.  Certainly stranger things have happened.  But I'd be pleased with 15 wins and I think the true over under should be 18.

But I aint a gamblin man so that's just speculation....

Lots of posters saying pitching will still be terrible but it has a chance to be better IMO. A healthy Cobb can give you Bundy's stats. Means and Wojo repeat last years stats but Milone and LeBlanc have a good chance to improve on last years dregs that got rotation starts. Your bullpen expands so you only need 4-5 innings from SP and there are a lot of 1-2 inning arms in the pen. I'm not saying they will be good, just better than 2019. With improved defense there should be fewer blowouts. We will struggle on offense but get to see what the young bats do against ML pitchers. 

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I wonder if the O's pitching staff was so bad because of the tipping of pitches through tech. With the league at least giving lip service to it. Maybe all the homers O's pitching gives up will subside. One can hope I guess.

3 hours ago, OsEatAlEast said:

Sometimes I wonder if the O's pitching staff was so bad because of the tipping of pitches through tech. With the league at least giving lip service to it. Maybe all the homers O's pitching gives up will subside. One can hope I guess.

And that the MFYs were stealing signs.

Along with Toronto, Bosox, etc.

• Upvote 2

Seeing the O's go over 20.5 wins wouldn't surprise me in such an unusual season.  I wouldn't bet on it, but getting 21-25 wins or so should be in the realm of expectations.  A lower realm, granted, but on the board at least. :P 

What makes this shortened season more interesting is there is a greater chance of a "hot streak" by one team having a greater impact. A team, like the O's, could surprise everyone and have a greater chance at the playoffs 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What makes this shortened season more interesting is there is a greater chance of a "hot streak" by one team having a greater impact. A team, like the O's, could surprise everyone and have a greater chance at the playoffs 

They’ve done no better than 24-36 in any 60-game stretch over the last two years.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Bad move and I am not going to be excited about it! I gave a list in my last posts of guys they could've taken a shot on in the rule 5. Obviously some of them aren't ready but who cares. They would've saved around 1 million dollars and as long as his glove plays who cares if you are signing a guy that going to get on base as such a low percentage anyway. I honestly thought Elias would move away from the low OBP guys that have been a staple of Orioles baseball for a long time. I understand trading Iglesias for resources ....But I don't see how signing this guy does anything but cost extra money that the Orioles are showing signs of financial distress.
    • I said I was exaggerating! I'm not incorrect in saying that this move is "Dumpster Diving" or the Bottom of Bargain Bin signing! And as @Tony-OH said they could've just gave the at bats to Martin or someone else that we have playing for the minimum. Or draft a guy in the rule 5 that perhaps has a future in MLB baseball. Like Lenyn Sosa, SS, Alfredo Rodriguez, SS , Wenceel Perez, SS , Livan Soto, SS , Leonardo Rivas, SS , Omar Estevez, 2B/SS,  Wander Javier, SS , Arquimedes Gamboa SS, Jordy Barley SS, Kevin Smith SS/3B Players that I highlighted 1) Wander Javier 60 ARM/60 GLOVE 2) Livan Soto   55 ARM/ 60 GLOVE /50 HIT 3) Leonardo Rivas 60 ARM/60 GLOVE/55 HIT (***BB PROSPECTUS 2020) 4) Arquimedes Gamboa 60 ARM/60 GLOVE /60 RUN 5) Jordy Barley 60 ARM/ 55 GLOVE/60RUN 6) Kevin Smith  60 ARM/ 55 GLOVE https://www.mlb.com/news/rule-5-draft-eligible-prospects-2020   AND DONT BE A TROLL!!  
    • Me either, but apparently they believe Galvis is a significantly better player then he's been over the last few years offensively and the major drop off last year defensively was apparently an aberration, because players normally get better at 31.  I don't hate this move, I just don't see what it does all that much. I think they could have player Sanchez at SS and probably gotten the same defense and allowed Valaika or Urias to play 2B every day to see what they have. But hey, why not bring in a 31-year old with bad defensive numbers last year and well below average stick?
    • I just dont understand why anyone would be excited about this move.
    • It was his first year back calling games in 2020 and unless Garceau started cursing during broadcasts last year, he was always going to be in the fold. 
    • We won 14 games last year and 11 games this year doing exactly what I'm saying, and Lamar won an MVP for it last year.  Brees won 12 games this year without really throwing downfield, including beating the bucs twice in the regular season.  Manning won a super bowl in 2016 without being able to throw it deep.  So no, I'm not wrong.  If you don't think Lamar specifically can succeed with midrange passes then I'd like to know why.  But there are plenty of examples of successful QBs within the past 5 years that didn't rely on deep balls.
  • Popular Contributors