Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

Official Rules Announcement

2 hours ago, George Zuverink said:

God, I hadn't thought about playing games with an "invisible" runner in 60 years. Thanks for the memories!ūüėä

So can the all-time pitcher force a ghostman out at third if he gets there before the runner gets to first and there were ghostmen at first and second? 

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

So can the all-time pitcher force a ghostman out at third if he gets there before the runner gets to first and there were ghostmen at first and second? 

That would be the standard interpretation of the rule, yes.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

That would be the standard interpretation of the rule, yes.

I don't know why I couldn't use the original Sliding Billy Hamilton as my ghost runner.  He is dead.  He'd certainly get to third before I could get to first.

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The question is whether a ghostman on second can score on a base hit.

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

There should be a phone app that generates weighted random outcomes for various ghost runner situations.  You could pick ghost fielders with different characteristics.

9 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Not unless it's a double.

13 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If you have an all time pitcher, Standard rules have pitchers mound poison so the pitcher only has to be on the rubber. 

You know today's kids would have no idea what we are talking about. Honestly other than the way girls dress it would suck to be a kid today, imo. 

5 hours ago, Flosman said:

If you have an all time pitcher, Standard rules have pitchers mound poison so the pitcher only has to be on the rubber. 

You know today's kids would have no idea what we are talking about. Honestly other than the way girls dress it would suck to be a kid today, imo. 

Ah, yes, pitcher's poison.  My kids know what that is, and ghost men.  But only because about twice a year we play ball in the front yard.

Being a kid is exactly what it's always been: you grow up and stuff happens and for most of that time you assume whatever is happening to you is pretty normal. It's as true today as it was when you'd send your eight-year-old to go work in the textile factory 60 hours a week.

How much longer until we get a schedule.  They said shorty over a week ago yet still nothing.  I figured it would be early this week with holiday weekend if we don’t get it tomorrow I would think we don’t hear anything over the holiday weekend.