Jump to content
Roll Tide

Servideo on Crabcakes, Bleach Blonde hair, and more! (UPDATE: Signs for $950K 100k overslot)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He has never had a crabcake, his hair was bleach as a tradition, etc
 

 

Poor guy.  I just had a delicious Jimmy's Famous 8oz'er yesterday.  Can't beat that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

Poor guy.  I just had a delicious Jimmy's Famous 8oz'er yesterday.  Can't beat that.

Im old as dirt and never had a crab or crab cake.

Then again I am allergic. LOL

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Im old as dirt and never had a crab or crab cake.

Then again I am allergic. LOL

 

Poor guy LOL.  I actually hated and still hate most crab cakes throughout my 30 year life.  Turns out I just needed to eat them from the right places (Jimmy's and Box Hill).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CarrRun49 said:

Poor guy LOL.  I actually hated and still hate most crab cakes throughout my 30 year life.  Turns out I just needed to eat them from the right places (Jimmy's and Box Hill).

My wife is partial to G&M. She did get a really good one at Dempseys a few years ago, when we stopped in there before a game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

Poor guy.  I just had a delicious Jimmy's Famous 8oz'er yesterday.  Can't beat that.

Don't know how to cook?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't know how to cook?

I actually do! It was a beautiful day in Northern Harford County yesterday.  Figured it was a great day to get my 2 year old daughter and newborn outside.  The Jarrettsville Vol. Fire Company holds a "Hump Day" food truck day every Wednesday.  Jimmy's is quite far away from where I live. So, what an opportunity to eat one of the better crab cakes in the Baltimore region and only travel 20 mins! It's really a win win for everyone.  My wife and daughters get to spend time outside and socialize with others safely.  I'm supporting local, small businesses and the volunteer fire company.  I also just smoked three racks of ribs the other weekend.  Paired that with some smoked macaroni and cheese.  I would say may cooking skills are above average.  Not elite, but not poor.  If I had to rate myself on a scale of 1-10, 1 being microwave meals and 10 being Bobby Flay, I'd give myself a 6.37.  Hope this helps.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

My wife is partial to G&M. She did get a really good one at Dempseys a few years ago, when we stopped in there before a game.

CoCo's also has a pretty good rep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

I actually do! It was a beautiful day in Northern Harford County yesterday.  Figured it was a great day to get my 2 year old daughter and newborn outside.  The Jarrettsville Vol. Fire Company holds a "Hump Day" food truck day every Wednesday.  Jimmy's is quite far away from where I live. So, what an opportunity to eat one of the better crab cakes in the Baltimore region and only travel 20 mins! It's really a win win for everyone.  My wife and daughters get to spend time outside and socialize with others safely.  I'm supporting local, small businesses and the volunteer fire company.  I also just smoked three racks of ribs the other weekend.  Paired that with some smoked macaroni and cheese.  I would say may cooking skills are above average.  Not elite, but not poor.  If I had to rate myself on a scale of 1-10, 1 being microwave meals and 10 being Bobby Flay, I'd give myself a 6.37.  Hope this helps.

I just figured that if you knew how to cook then your own crab cakes would be better is all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

CoCo's also has a pretty good rep.

as does Timbuktu.

Trust me, my wife is extremely picky. She loves a very good crab cake, and dislikes any remotely less than good.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just figured that if you knew how to cook then your own crab cakes would be better is all.

 

Also, making crabcakes is a pretty time consuming process if you are picking the crab meat yourself.  Why waste my time when I can spend $20 on a crabcake and have it in my mouth in 12 mins?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

I know what you meant :)  Have you been to Jimmy's?  

Nope, haven't lived in Maryland since 90 and we didn't go out to eat much growing up.

I'm sure it's great but I know exactly how I want mine cooked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

as does Timbuktu.

Trust me, my wife is extremely picky. She loves a very good crab cake, and dislikes any remotely less than good.

Just googled Timbuktu.  Looks solid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CarrRun49 said:

Also, making crabcakes is a pretty time consuming process if you are picking the crab meat yourself.  Why waste my time when I can spend $20 on a crabcake and have it in my mouth in 12 mins?

I only make them after steaming crabs, I pick the leftovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Exactly. COVID restrictions really stopped the travel back and forth so it probably didn't make since to have Holt with the team and the minor leaguers. Either way, fraud is a really strong word to use and reeks of click bait by the NY Post.
    • That’s the thing, we have no idea when Holt was added to the coaches pension plan.  If it was when he was first hired in 2019 then it would seem more egregious, but if it was before this season as part of his promotion to Director of Pitching, then it seems more palatable, as his role was intended to blanket the majors & minors, and it sounds like the plan was for him to be in uniform on occasion, even if not once the game starts, since the number of coaches allowed during a game is limited. I just can’t see Elias potentially risking his career by covertly putting Holt in the coaches pension plan without getting approval from the Orioles HR department, or whoever is responsible for matters like this in the organization, along with MLB.  Elias is a smart guy, and only 2 years into what is likely his dream job as the GM of a Major League Baseball team.   I’m sure the other 3 coaches that were designated had to be approved as well, so if there was any issue with designating Holt as the 4th coach, you would think Elias and the O’s organization would have been told that when they first put him on the list of 4. To me, this article seems more like sensationalism, trying to tie Elias in with the Astros cheating scandal and making it seem like this situation with Holt is more of the same, as if anyone associated with the Astros must be deceptive and dishonest.  And the fact that they singled out Anthony Sanders as a coach that got  “screwed” seems like the lawsuit/claim of fraud could have come from his agent, because clearly this story was leaked by someone with an axe to grind.  But what if Holt was designated the 4th coach before Sanders got hired?  The point is, we don’t have all the facts, so to just assume Elias did this covertly to appease Holt without getting approval from anyone seems very irresponsible from a journalistic perspective.   Just the fact that this is being reported at all is obviously unsettling if you’re an O’s fan and a supporter of Elias, but I think this is more about sensationalism and click bait, by using the headline “Ex-Astros” and “fraud” to get people worked up about what is likely not much of anything.  It will be interesting to see if Elias or someone else with the organization talks about it and tries to clear it up, because you know that if he/they don’t, more and more people will start to wonder if this really could be a much more serious situation than it currently appears to be.
    • Yea, seems like an administrative issue with a potential fine at most. 
    • Remember when James Franklin was supposed to be the coach in waiting then wasn't? Lord almighty the MD decision makers for sports are awful.  BTW, Tagovailoa is awful. He looks scared, unprepared, inaccurate, and has really poor decision making skills. Good Lord, this is the guy who is the best they can find with all the transfers? Nice job there Locksley.
    • I am sorry but the word Fraud here is a little strong.  There are rules on which coaches can be listed to be eligible for the MLB pension and there maybe a question whether or not his role this past season qualifies or not.  I suspect the fact there were no minor leagues and the whole COVID situation may have changed what that role end up being probably is a factor.  To me fraud would be an intention to deceive what his role was, not whether it qualifies or not.  However in the world we live in today I guess it pays to use words like fraud. It makes the story more interesting. 
    • Here's something else to consider, maybe this was part of his agreement to come over to the Orioles? Maybe Elias told him he would use him in a "hybrid" role but due to COVID, that didn't really happen this year?  Maybe Sanders was told he would be hired but not on the pension plan for this year?  I'm going to wait until all the facts come out, but this piece to me makes it sound much worse. I mean, why bring up Sanders' race? What are they trying to insinuate by doing that? That seems unfair and it's doubtful that has anything to do with the decisions that were made. Either way, Elias does not seem like a guy who is going to risk something serious for a coaches pension situation. I'll let this play out.
    • Nothing new that I am aware of.   Not sure what will happen first, streaming or the end of the MASN court case. 
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...