Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Manfred’s latest gaffe

On 7/2/2020 at 11:46 AM, GoldGlove21 said:

The Government just sent people checks because they wanted businesses to close down due to COVID-19 to keep people making $10 an hour safe. Because these guys make more than normal they get nothing because they didn't "perform"? People who get unemployment are not performing their duties either and they didn't agree to a contract guaranteeing them a given salary.

I have a friend who's wife was furloughed without pay.  They didn't get a stimulus check because they made too much money last year.  I am not sure why you think baseball players deserve some sort of special treatment. Amazon was hiring.  If they wanted to they could have worked at Amazon for extra money.

Mike Trout who tweeted just tell us when.  Now says he isn't sure if he wants to  play because of the risks.  The odds are low that 60 games plus post-season will be completed.  People refused to wear masks even indoors and the virus is spreading like wildfire.  Manfred could have easily cancelled the season. The players don't have any leg to stand on. 

52 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I practiced law in New York City for 35 years before I retired in 2013. (And I'm still a lawyer, technically.) If it doesn't show, I guess I'll take that as a compliment. 😁

Oh that’s great. When you said you weren’t a labor lawyer, I thought erroneously that you were saying you weren’t a lawyer at all.

tip of the hat. Thanks for your comment. Lawyer or not, your clarification is of benefit to everyone who cares about the subject.

An oriole fan in NYC. So stressful!

I have friends who can offer Manfred horror stories back during the Selig regime.  Not accepting them blindly, but still, this man hasn’t proven to be anything brighter than a monkey with a pencil.  And I don’t like him.