Jump to content
SteveA

Results of MLB Covid-19 Intake Testing to start camp

Recommended Posts

On 7/6/2020 at 2:58 PM, Redskins Rick said:

Frobby did a great job of that already.

I think and am grateful, the mortality rate isnt what they first feared it would be.

Thanks Frobby. I saw that about 45 days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they didn’t have anyone in right field in the intra squad game yesterday due to players being out with covid. I wonder if they end up putting pitchers in the field during regular season if there is an outbreak with a team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, atomic said:

So they didn’t have anyone in right field in the intra squad game yesterday due to players being out with covid. I wonder if they end up putting pitchers in the field during regular season if there is an outbreak with a team. 

Five OFers on a 60 man roster does seem light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Umpire Joe West who is high risk and 67 was told by the league he was eligible for full pay and service time if he skipped the season but he said he is umpiring. 65 games from the all time record of games umped.  He has umpired in the big leagues since 1976.

 https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29434942/mlb-umpires-union-distances-joe-west-opinion-coronavirus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Five OFers on a 60 man roster does seem light.

They started with 4 (Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith) but two are not in camp yet.  That's why they added the 2 yesterday.

Interesting, when the spring training roster was published in February Wilkerson was listed among the OFs but when the 60 man list came out last week he was listed as an infielder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SteveA said:

They started with 4 (Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith) but two are not in camp yet.  That's why they added the 2 yesterday.

Interesting, when the spring training roster was published in February Wilkerson was listed among the OFs but when the 60 man list came out last week he was listed as an infielder.

Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith, and Wilkerson.  Who are the two new guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith, and Wilkerson.  Who are the two new guys?

As I said, Wilkerson was listed as an infielder on the 60 man roster.

The two new guys are Ryan Mountcastle and Mason Williams who were added to the 60 man pool yesterday.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chapman and Royals back up catcher Cam Gallagher tested positive.

The concern with Gallagher is that he caught the game last night and was throwing the ball around with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Chapman and Royals back up catcher Cam Gallagher tested positive.

The concern with Gallagher is that he caught the game last night and was throwing the ball around with everyone.

Aroldis or Matt?  The manager of my fantasy team is asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Aroldis or Matt?  The manager of my fantasy team is asking.

Ardolis.  “Out for the foreseeable future.”  Whatever that means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Kelly Jansen reported today for the Dodgers.  He had previously tested positive. 

He had a moderate case. His kids got it too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, weams said:

He had a moderate case. His kids got it too. 

Most of the positive tests to this point are completely asymptomatic, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Kelly Jansen reported today for the Dodgers.  He had previously tested positive. 

After his heart condition, I wonder if that makes him “high risk?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Most of the positive tests to this point are completely asymptomatic, no?

Scott Kingery had symptoms as did Freddie Freeman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Bleier trade continues to bite the O's last night.  Fry  could not find the plate especially against right-handed batters. Needing to face three batter in not Fry's game.    It didn't affect the outcome because the O's didin't  hit.  However, Fry does not look up to being the 2nd lefties in the pen  which shows how much the O's miss Bleier.  Fry would be a candidate to be sent down but there is no lefty to replace him so he will probably stay in the majors.
    • SummerSlam ‘92 is on FS1.  Quarantine + Nostalgia = Mullet for backwardsk ?
    • I missed another game. My sleep schedule sleep patterns are SOOOOOOOO screwed up... I laid down for a quick nap before the game about 4:30. When I woke up at MIDNIGHT I had missed the entire thing. Turned on the TV to watch the 11:30 replay and THANK GOD the Gnats are back playing! They're the replay tonight... fml     So.... I'm not going to read the thread or the board. Or Roch. It's 1:30 am. I'm having my "morning" glass of coffee (yes BIG TALL GLASS) and I'm going to watch the 9 am MASN replay "live". So I have THAT going for me. 🙃 GO O'S!!!!
    • And now for something completely different...   NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpx_VXRG_qc  
    • Now that does make sense: greater risk, greater reward. So do healthy pitchers make more than healthy batters? Serious question.
    • On his pro-rated salary, Cobb would earn @ $4.5MM the rest of this season. That would be nothing for a contending team to take on if they were sold on him putting them over the top. But I can't imagine being so desperate on August 4, 10 games into a 60 game season if I were a decision maker to take on the entirety of his contract.  If a team really wants to gamble a little bit of cash on Cobb to win this year's WS, they may be wrangled into taking half the burden on the 2021 salary, while the Orioles pay half of this season's $4.5MM remaining. This is starting to sound too good to be true!
    • The Cardinals never have a low pick, and yet they have a wonderful farm and consistent success
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...