Sign in to follow this  
Camden_yardbird

How Many Hall of Famers...

Number of Hall of Famers Drafted By Newsome  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Pick an Number

• 8+

Did Ozzie Newsome Draft as GM of the Ravens?

We know it's at least 3 (Ray, Reed and Ogden), but how high will that number go?  You will notice the poll starts at four (Yanda will get in).  But how many more are there? (Humphries, Stanley, Jackson)?  Certainly it's too early to tell for many but given he was GM for a little over 20 years, even reaching 7 (1 every 3 drafts) would be crazy levels of efficiency.

Also worth considering?  Ozzie brought in James Harrison as an UDFA, but Billick cut him.  Does it count?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Did Ozzie Newsome Draft as GM of the Ravens?

We know it's at least 3 (Ray, Reed and Ogden), but how high will that number go?  You will notice the poll starts at four (Yanda will get in).  But how many more are there? (Humphries, Stanley, Jackson)?  Certainly it's too early to tell for many but given he was GM for a little over 20 years, even reaching 7 (1 every 3 drafts) would be crazy levels of efficiency.

Also worth considering?  Ozzie brought in James Harrison as an UDFA, but Billick cut him.  Does it count?

You mentioned Yanda but not Suggs? Suggs is definitely in,  

• Upvote 1

Ray, Ed, Ogden, Suggs, Yanda and I think Ngata will get in someday. 

That’s 6 and then you have Stanley who is certainly on pace to be in the HOF if he has the longevity.  Lamar will get in if he wins a Super Bowl and has a couple more pro-bowl seasons in addition to his MVP season.  Justin Tucker is probably the greatest kicker of all time.  Does he have a chance?  Andrews and Humphrey have the talent to get in but have a long way to go.  Zeus Jr. is also worth mentioning since he had a pro bowl under his belt at age 23 but obviously needs to make quite a few more. 

I’ll be optimistic and say 8+. 

1 hour ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Ray, Ed, Ogden, Suggs, Yanda and I think Ngata will get in someday. 

That’s 6 and then you have Stanley who is certainly on pace to be in the HOF if he has the longevity.  Lamar will get in if he wins a Super Bowl and has a couple more pro-bowl seasons in addition to his MVP season.  Justin Tucker is probably the greatest kicker of all time.  Does he have a chance?  Andrews and Humphrey have the talent to get in but have a long way to go.  Zeus Jr. is also worth mentioning since he had a pro bowl under his belt at age 23 but obviously needs to make quite a few more. 

I’ll be optimistic and say 8+. 

Good point on Tucker.  He is number 1 all time in field goal percentage.  If he keeps that up he has a great shot at the Hall of Fame.   I think the rest of the current guys are too far away from being Hall of Famers at this point. 

Yeah, damn, can't believe I overlooked Tucker. Bump me up to 7.

I don't think Ngata, though. I think his peak was high, but didn't have the longevity. Once he left Baltimore, he basically became irrelevant.