Sign in to follow this  
MurphDogg

9/4 Player Pool - Lowther added

Just now, wildcard said:

Reaction to Santander and Smith not being able to play.

Reaction to other teams adding 2020 draftees to their roster.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Reaction to other teams adding 2020 draftees to their roster.

Its not they are adding, its that they are coming to Camden Yards that is the reaction.

Just now, wildcard said:

Its not they are adding, its that they are coming to Camden Yards that is the reaction.

They were going to be added in any case.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

They were going to be added in any case.

But may have went to Bowie with the rest of the added players.

It is somewhat of a surprise that they were added before the secondary camp is ready to go. Obviously Mountcastle is being held back for service time related issues. 

I am actually not sure how long he has to be down this year in order to not accrue a full year of service time. I would assume it is pro-rated, with every day on the MLB roster this year counting for 2.7-ish days of service time since the season is 66 days long instead of 180, but I am not sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

It is somewhat of a surprise that they were added before the secondary camp is ready to go. Obviously Mountcastle is being held back for service time related issues. 

I am actually not sure how long he has to be down this year in order to not accrue a full year of service time. I would assume it is pro-rated, with every day on the MLB roster this year counting for 2.7-ish days of service time since the season is 66 days long instead of 180, but I am not sure.

I’ve read it’s 186/66 per day this year. You need 172 to get a year. So 186 makes sense as there’s usually a 14 day grace period i think.

So it seems like 6 days off the roster gets an extra year (61, or 5 days off, is 171.9 and presumably rounds up but who knows). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, makoman said:

I’ve read it’s 186/66 per day this year. You need 172 to get a year. So 186 makes sense as there’s usually a 14 day grace period i think.

So it seems like 6 days off the roster gets an extra year (61, or 5 days off, is 171.9 and presumably rounds up but who knows). 

And then the next CBA blows it all up anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And then the next CBA blows it all up anyway. 

True, though it’s possible they grandfather in those who debuted under the old system. Who knows. 

• Upvote 1

I just heard that watching the MASN replay of Hyder's Zoom. Good news on Mason and Ryan. He said there will be more players "trickling in" as well.

There isn't really a general camp thread so I'll stick this here. Video of a LIVE look-in at Seattle Mariners Summer Camp*. Thanks MASN!

*Not to be confused with Tommy's Holiday Camp-PA.

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I didn't know they counted that by actual days. Instead of game days or games.