Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MurphDogg

9/4 Player Pool - Lowther added

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The real question is if they have any intention of using them 

 

Well unless Santander and Dwight Smith Jr. show up pretty soon, they're going to have to. There were only 2 active outfielders (Hays and Stewart) before they were added. 

For this reason I think Wilkerson is about as close to a lock for the 30-man as possible. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The real question is if they have any intention of using them 

 

Before Covid hit, I think a lot of us thought Williams had a very good chance to make the team as a backup outfielder.

And I think most of us expected that Mountcastle would stay down some period of time for service time, and then come up to the majors.

Why would that have changed in any way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

We knew that sometimes prospects slump or get out of whack and need to try to reset things and fix what's wrong.  Mullins isn't the prospect he was a year ago, but he might be salvageable.

Remember when Cal hit .150 through his first 120-odd plate appearances in the majors?

Wish we had Earl around to give his stamp of approval and keep playing him (Mullins.)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scOtt said:

Wish we had Earl around to give his stamp of approval and keep playing him (Mullins.)

Didn’t realize Mason Williams was 29....he’s obviously a now or never kind of guy. He can almost be labeled AAAA now. 
 

Sounds like the plan is for Mountcastle to get some significant ABs just looking at the https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore-orioles 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Didn’t realize Mason Williams was 29....he’s obviously a now or never kind of guy. He can almost be labeled AAAA now. 
 

Sounds like the plan is for Mountcastle to get some significant ABs just looking at the https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore-orioles 

Williams is a viable inexpensive guy that can be plugged in for this season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats with the Orioles playing dumb with all this "we have ghost outfielders because we don't have enough players"?

Like... you filled your roster 3/4 of the way, why don't you fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Whats with the Orioles playing dumb with all this "we have ghost outfielders because we don't have enough players"?

Like... you filled your roster 3/4 of the way, why don't you fix this?

Wouldn't want to give away any competitive advantage and let teams prepare for Mullins. SURPRISE!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aristotelian said:

Wouldn't want to give away any competitive advantage and let teams prepare for Mullins. SURPRISE!!!!

#Wildcard2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh is the only other team I can see that has taken the same tack as the O's and not had any prospects added to the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Didn’t realize Mason Williams was 29....he’s obviously a now or never kind of guy. He can almost be labeled AAAA now. 
 

Sounds like the plan is for Mountcastle to get some significant ABs just looking at the https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore-orioles 

Mountcastle's 23.  He needs MLB at bats now or he'll be too old to be a top prospect.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Mountcastle's 23.  He needs MLB at bats now or he'll be too old to be a top prospect.

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Mountcastle's 23.  He needs MLB at bats now or he'll be too old to be a top prospect.

Isn't that backwards?  If Mountcastle were one of the top prospects in baseball he would have many MLB at bats by 23 or 24.  One of the reasons Elias could leave him in AAA all year last year is that he wasn't running roughshod over the league, yes he's pretty young but he's a 1B/LF/DH with the 40th-best OPS in the IL, 4th or 5th-best on the Tides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Pittsburgh is the only other team I can see that has taken the same tack as the O's and not had any prospects added to the roster.

O's also seem to be the only team where without intersquad game footage other than a view videos posted by Roch. I can't find any. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...