Jump to content
Frobby

Means has arm fatigue (Milone starts opening day)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Roch says Means has a "dead arm." I thought that was the term used during baseball's first 100 years when guys couldn't pitch, even after a rubdown from the trainer or a whirlpool treatment, but the exact problem was unknown because nobody could diagnose the difference between a little stiffness and a career-ending injury.

But no reason to worry about Means being unavailable, with the starting pitching depth this team has. :eek:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once these bats grow they'll have to buy some arms.

Actually it may be in their best interest to go with "openers" instead of starters from now on, like the Rays once did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Once these bats grow they'll have to buy some arms.

Actually it may be in their best interest to go with "openers" instead of starters from now on, like the Rays once did.

You still have to pitch 9 innings.  Well the Orioles only have to pitch 8 on the road but you know what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, atomic said:

You still have to pitch 9 innings.  Well the Orioles only have to pitch 8 on the road but you know what I mean.

At least for the first two weeks of the season we will have a 10 or 11 man bullpen, so I don't think that will be too big a problem,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was worried about this for all pitchers. 

Shut down for 3.5 months and then start back up. I know these guys kept working out and throwing but still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There aren’t any rules about the number of pitchers on the active roster during this modified season, right.  Why not carry 17-18 pitchers to start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, backwardsk said:

There aren’t any rules about the number of pitchers on the active roster during this modified season, right.  Why not carry 17-18 pitchers to start?

That should be enough to get the O's through nine innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

There aren’t any rules about the number of pitchers on the active roster during this modified season, right.  Why not carry 17-18 pitchers to start?

No, there aren't.   Before Covid, there were going to be.   But those rules were scratched due to Covid-19.

But Hyde has said in interviews that he is deciding between a 15 and 16 man staff.

That really should be sufficient, anyway.   Especially if you have a few relievers who can go multiple innings.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news after Means their isn’t much of a drop off with the rest.  Some teams have big gap in depth lucky fir we have depth just not good depth.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteveA said:

No, there aren't.   Before Covid, there were going to be.   But those rules were scratched due to Covid-19.

But Hyde has said in interviews that he is deciding between a 15 and 16 man staff.

That really should be sufficient, anyway.   Especially if you have a few relievers who can go multiple innings.   

So is the rule you have to pitch to 3 batters scrapped as well? With a 16 man staff these games could be pretty much unwatchable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atomic said:

So is the rule you have to pitch to 3 batters scrapped as well? With a 16 man staff these games could be pretty much unwatchable.

No, that rule is still in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, atomic said:

So is the rule you have to pitch to 3 batters scrapped as well? With a 16 man staff these games could be pretty much unwatchable.

Here's a link to a post from just before summer camp opened with a summary of the rules in effect for this season:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 140 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...