Tony-OH

Future of the Hangout

Well Said Tony. I think today society and world events uprooting into all avenues of the sports world, is making it harder and harder to keep separate. I applaud you for sticking to your principals and for the hard work that goes on here behind the scenes that most are not aware of.

Well said. I'm not sure how interested I'm going to be in this bizarro two month baseball season, but I'm glad OH will still be around to talk about the Orioles and baseball. 

• Upvote 1

I'm glad the forum will remain open and happy that politics won't be a part of it.  

Thank you Tony and Michael.  That was very thoughtful.  This has been the best place to talk O's for... almost forever, and I expect it'll stay that way.  Your hard work is appreciated.  

We don't need no stinking politics! :cool:

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

While we may never agree on the organization that MLB is choosing to celebrate, what I hope none of us will disagree with is that we as a country need to come together and not allow outside forces to divide us. I truly believe that the vast majority of people, both white and black, truly just want equality and justice for everyone. 

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for your work on the site. Would be a shame to let politics ruin something good. 

I had a professor in grad school who used to say that baseball is not a metaphor for life - life is a metaphor for baseball. Seems true now more than ever. 

• Upvote 2

Thank you Tony and thanks to all the moderators for your tireless work to keep the forum civil and politics-free. I definitely think that everyone, regardless of their political leanings, can agree on these points:

• We all want the OH to continue to exist. Very, very much so.
  • The OH is a much nicer place without politics involved.
  • Regardless of what MLB and players might do, the politics surrounding baseball should not be discussed here (though people are more than welcome to discuss them elsewhere).
  • The majority of the posters on this forum do not want politics to be mixed in the discussion here about baseball.
  • Based on the previous points, the forum should stay up, and we should talk about baseball, and all our usual topics, but keeping the politics out.

I'm 110% behind this and glad to see Tony and the mods are too. I was worried but now this is a huge relief to know that we can continue using this forum for what it was intended to be used for.

Mods, you guys probably have your work cut out for you, you know? It's probably going to occur that, as politics become more present in the broadcasts and what we see surrounding the game, people will slip up and talk about politics. New members of the forum won't even know the rule, because most people don't read the rules before posting (an unfortunate reality). So the mods will have a lot of work to do and I really deeply thank and respect them for their willingness to grind through that work for the benefit of the forum, and to keep it what it's meant to be.

Go O's, and go Orioles fans worldwide. Take the team's attitude of trying to win and improve every day, and get inspired, and apply that attitude to your real life. Enjoy the game, and enjoy it together with your friends and peers here on the OH. :)

• Upvote 1

Mods: May I suggest, to head off politics potentially creeping into things, creating the game thread for Opening Night, locking the thread, then unlocking it on the first pitch? I don't think it'll be necessary to do it every single night, but from looking at the Nats-Yanks and Giants-Dodgers games, it might be a necessary period of quietude to keep the game thread focused on baseball.

Very glad to see that this site will continue.  I think we can all agree that the colors we love most are the orange and black.  No matter where we stand politically, all of us on this site love the Orioles and always will.  Happy Opening Day everyone......every day I can see my Os play baseball is a good day for me :). 

5 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Thank you Tony and thanks to all the moderators for your tireless work to keep the forum civil and politics-free. I definitely think that everyone, regardless of their political leanings, can agree on these points:

• We all want the OH to continue to exist. Very, very much so.
  • The OH is a much nicer place without politics involved.
  • Regardless of what MLB and players might do, the politics surrounding baseball should not be discussed here (though people are more than welcome to discuss them elsewhere).
  • The majority of the posters on this forum do not want politics to be mixed in the discussion here about baseball.
  • Based on the previous points, the forum should stay up, and we should talk about baseball, and all our usual topics, but keeping the politics out.

I'm 110% behind this and glad to see Tony and the mods are too. I was worried but now this is a huge relief to know that we can continue using this forum for what it was intended to be used for.

Mods, you guys probably have your work cut out for you, you know? It's probably going to occur that, as politics become more present in the broadcasts and what we see surrounding the game, people will slip up and talk about politics. New members of the forum won't even know the rule, because most people don't read the rules before posting (an unfortunate reality). So the mods will have a lot of work to do and I really deeply thank and respect them for their willingness to grind through that work for the benefit of the forum, and to keep it what it's meant to be.

Go O's, and go Orioles fans worldwide. Take the team's attitude of trying to win and improve every day, and get inspired, and apply that attitude to your real life. Enjoy the game, and enjoy it together with your friends and peers here on the OH. :)

The one thing this board does very well is self moderate itself. We relie on our members to squash this talk by not joining in and by informing new members of the rules if they are unaware. Also, the report feature is a great way to get moderators attention.

Appreciate the support and help.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Glad to see that the forum is staying!

Let us all rejoice for now, until the inevitable Chris Davis strike out riles up the blood again!

If he strikes out swinging, I think folks will be okay.  Striking out looking.......different story!

• Haha 2