weams

Orioles At Boston 7/24 Opening Day 2020

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Elsewhere in the division:  Yankees are off today.   Buffalo up 3-0 on Tampa early.

"B" lineup?

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Tommy Milone’s wife is hot.  I wonder if she was the inspiration for his jersey number.

Tommy Milone = max confidence

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Tommy Milone’s wife is hot.  I wonder if she was the inspiration for his jersey number.

• Haha 1

Well, so far it’s not too weird without the fans. The TV guys are terrible but not as bad as I expected. Ben is fine, the other guy is as boring as drying paint.

Meanwhile,  how about Kevin Pillar! He is definitely one of my favorite enemies.

And Hanser! Big Smile!

And Milone! Not terrible!

God be Praised for many things, including BASEBALL!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Tommy Milone's girls are awesome! 

I was looking at the Mrs. 
;-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/1991-transactions.shtml The deal happened soon after Winter Break of my 12th grade year at City.  '90-'91 were my two Tarp Crew seasons in which I was paid to watch Orioles games.   It felt like trying to win the 2 out of 3 decider, and keep the Why Not magic going after the 1990 flicker.   The Class of '91 Orioles nuts were enthused, but holy cow did the bad start ruin any optimism so so so fast. The next day Tettleton was dumped for Jeff Robinson, presumably as we needed to replace Harnisch/Schilling innings.  We did have Hoiles ascending then.   It's certainly pleasant to imagine Tettleton and the 3 ex-O's in the Ripken Supporting Cast once a few years of Camden revenues brought Palmeiro the 1st time and Alomar.   Could they have changed mid-90's Yankees/Indians eliminations? The 5 years out thing is a little squishy because Camden was about to make us temporary Yankees. I think Glenn worse by dint of talent v. money.   The worst part of Chris was the irreparable damage it did to retaining Machado for the statue run.  He would have had to persevere through 2018 like Ripken in 1988, but I think everyone significant but Yusniel and Kremer are here with Machado going towards his parallel to the Second Act of Ripken Good Teams coming in the next few years.
    • Finley and Harnisch for Davis is kinda like Jones and Tillman for Bedard.  Do you think the Mariners regret that one?  And we were nice enough to throw in a Hall of Famer as well. 
    • We didn’t have that option.  
    • It's already been mutating.
    • Remember, you can't just throw money at these impoverished 16 year olds.  You have to build a relationship.
    • It's good for Manny.
    • Ty Cobb maybe wasn't a completely terrible person, or no worse than some of his peers.  But he wasn't exactly a great guy.  He did some things that got him relative slaps on the wrist that would probably have resulted in jail sentences today.
  • Popular Contributors