OFFNY

Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2020

On 9/8/2020 at 5:03 PM, murph said:

No lineup for tonight yet?   And I am just so excited to find out in what part of the order they will slot Davis for his mighty return! 

Not in starting lineup.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Probably holding him in reserve for a high leverage situation.

They don't want him to be injured and miss more time.

23 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(SEPTEMBER 9th)

Last night, the Mets' announcers pointed out that the Orioles scored 4 or more runs for the 9th consecutive game for the first time since 2007.

I didn't look them all up, but I did look up the 2007 Orioles and the 2014 Orioles (the most successful Orioles team overall since 1997.)

Sure enough, not only did the 2007 team have those 9 consecutive game of 4 runs or more, but the 2014 team did not ........ not necessarily empirical proof that the other 11 Orioles teams between 2008 and 2019 did not accomplish the feat, but it is a sign that the Mets' announcers likely knew what they were talking about.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2007-schedule-scores.shtml

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2014-schedule-scores.shtml

Also of modest interest is the fact that the 2007 Orioles (69-93) scored 756 runs for the entire season, while the 2014 Orioles (96-66) scored only 705 ...... but the 2007 Orioles were only 9th out of 14 American League teams overall, while the 2014 Orioles were 6th out of 15.

o

o

This streak was extended to 10 games last night, which is the longest such streak by an Orioles team since 2006.

o

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

OPPOSINIG PITCHER 

Gerrit Alan Cole - RHP )) (4-3, 3.63 ERA) ) * 

* )) Leads the Major Leagues in Home Runs Ceded (13)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

o

Yankees Ace Gerrit Cole has a Home Run Problem: What's Going On?

(By David Schoenfield)

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29847317/new-york-yankees-ace-gerrit-cole-home-run-problem-going-on

o

2 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Not in starting lineup.

I was talking about yesterday, but was glad to see Hyde sat him.  Although, I was jonesing to see this game tonight that I also disappointed about the cancellation that I woulda even enjoyed it if CD did play!     

And I don’t mean to kick him while he is down, I was a huge CD fan.   Just....it’s time to move on.   

3 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

Is the game postponed?

Yep doubleheader at 4:05 tomorrow.   Akin/Cobb vs Cole/Tanaka.

Twelve games in 10 days, will have to go to a 6 man rotation next two times through,

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep doubleheader at 4:05 tomorrow.   Akin/Cobb vs Cole/Tanaka.

Twelve games in 10 days, will have to go to a 6 man rotation next two times through,

Real problem with the seven-inning rule: the home team gets to determine the length of games. By postponing a game when there are very few off-days left, a team can shorten two games, increasing the chance that its weak middle-inning bullpen won't be exposed.. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Stewart 3rd, Mountcastle 4th.

I actually kinda like this lineup.

o

2 hits ???

That's all we got, is 2 God-damned hits ???

o

• Haha 1

o

Tom Eshelman, the Houston Astros' 2nd-Round Draft pick out out Cal-State Fullerton in 2015, will try to help the Orioles win their 22nd game of the season.

CBD Scouting Report: Thomas Eshelman (Cal State Fullerton) - College  Baseball Daily

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))) (vs. BRAVES, 9/15)

Boyce Cedric "B.C." Mullins II - CF

Jose Antonio Iglesias Aleman - SS

Demetrius Jerome "D.J." Stewart - RF

Ryan Mountcastle - 1B

Pedro Severino De Leon - C 

Renato Nunez - DH

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B 

Austin Charles Bryan "C.B." Hays - LF

Thomas Darwin Eshelman - RHP )) (3-0, 3.96 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Huascar Jose Ynoa - RHP )) (0-0, 6.75 ERA)

o

• Upvote 1

o

Cole Hamels will be making his 2020 MLB season debut. He last pitched for the Cubs, in 2019.

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))) (vs. BRAVES, 9/16)

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 3B 

Jose Antonio Iglesias Aleman - SS

Ryan Mountcastle - LF

Renato Nunez - DH

Patrick Valaika - 1B

Austin Charles Bryan "C.B." Hays - CF

Andrew Velazquez - 2B

Keegan Lee Akin - LHP )) (0-1, 4.61 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Colbert Michael Hamels - LHP )) (7-7, 3.81 ERA) ) *

* )) (CHICAGO CUBS)  ))) [2019 Season]

o

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Cole Hamels will be making his 2020 MLB season debut. He last pitched for the Cubs, in 2019.

OPPOSING PITCHER

Colbert Michael Hamels - LHP )) (7-7, 3.81 ERA) ) *

* )) (CHICAGO CUBS) ))) [2019 Season]

o

o

Cole Hamels Will Finally Start, as Braves Face Off Against Orioles

(By Demetrius Bell)

https://www.talkingchop.com/2020/9/16/21439931/atlanta-braves-baltimore-orioles-september-16-preview-game-time-tv-channel-radio-streaming-hamels

o

o

Blake Snell has a Strikeouts-Per-9-Innings ratio of 11.538 for the season.

In his only outing in 2020 season against the Orioles on July 31st, he ceded 3 Runs in only 3-PLUS Innings Pitched.

For his entire career against the Orioles he has a 5.10 ERA, but a very solid 1.133 WHIP ...... his Walks and Strikeouts are very good (39 Strikeouts and only 5 Walks in 30 Innings Pitched), but he has tended to give up the long ball at a rather high rate against the Birds (7 Home Runs in only 30 Innings Pitched.)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 9/17) ))))) [GAME ONE]

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 3B 

Jose Antonio Iglesias Aleman - DH

Ryan Mountcastle - LF

Renato Nunez - 1B

Austin Charles Bryan "C.B." Hays - CF

Patrick Valaika - 2B

Andrew Velazquez - SS

Dean Junior "D.J." Kremer - RHP )) (0-1, 4.61 ERA)

OPPOSINPITCHER

Blake Ashton Snell - LHP )) (4-1, 3.23 ERA)

o