Jump to content
SteveA

Attention Chris Davis

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see why folks think that bunt singles are automatic.  They aren't.  Sac bunts aren't automatic and half the time the opposing team is trying to help facilitate them.

Bunt singles are not automatic anymore than looking at a third strike.  I'd prefer a bunt out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He is 0-6 and has hit two ball hard not really sure why people on him already. He hit well in spring so let’s hope he can contribute some this season but no need to start complaining 6 at bats in.

 

This. I have hope yet for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be easier for him to learn how to bounce or half-swing singles to the left side occasionally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what the Os gain from Chris Davis bunting. He's not very good at it in the first place and the FO needs to see if he can make the necessary adjustments to regain his power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He is 0-6 and has hit two ball hard not really sure why people on him already. He hit well in spring so let’s hope he can contribute some this season but no need to start complaining 6 at bats in.

 

No offense to you. But to think he is going to be anything other than sub replacement is delusional. He has been the worst player in baseball for three years now. What else does anyone need to see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

No offense to you. But to think he is going to be anything other than sub replacement is delusional. He has been the worst player in baseball for three years now. What else does anyone need to see?

Starting Friday they can play Mountcastle at first.  He would then improve his WAR by more than one over last year. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see why folks think that bunt singles are automatic.  They aren't.  Sac bunts aren't automatic and half the time the opposing team is trying to help facilitate them.

They are if you’re actually good at it. 

19 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

 

I’d take 5 of 6 bunt singles from Davis.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He is 0-6 and has hit two ball hard not really sure why people on him already. He hit well in spring so let’s hope he can contribute some this season but no need to start complaining 6 at bats in.

Eh, it’s going on three years of ineptitude. People have every reason to get on him until he actually produces in the regular season. Consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

They are if you’re actually good at it. 

I’d take 5 of 6 bunt singles from Davis.

What makes you think he can do the same?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What makes you think he can do the same?

Pretty good shape, bunting isn’t that hard if you work at it. He’s a ML ball player. Everyone at the highest level should be able to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Pretty good shape, bunting isn’t that hard if you work at it. He’s a ML ball player. Everyone at the highest level should be able to do it. 

Pretty good shape?  He was catcher slow last year before bulking up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pretty good shape?  He was catcher slow last year before bulking up.

Did I say he was fast? Good shape. He should be able to get bat to ball in a good position and get a hit with no one on the left side of the IF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Did I say he was fast? Good shape. He should be able to get bat to ball in a good position and get a hit with no one on the left side of the IF.

Not sure what you mean?  Bat control isn't so much an in shape thing right?  Now the ability to haul down the line is a bunt for hit thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure what you mean?  Bat control isn't so much an in shape thing right?  Now the ability to haul down the line is a bunt for hit thing.

To bunt the ball a hitter takes a different physical position rather than when he’s swinging away. First  of all, just the act of separating your hands is different. Then, bunting for a BH is different in that a sacrifice bunt has the hitter more stationary. Moving to get momentum AND make good contact on the bunt takes more athleticism. 
 

Again, with no one on the left side, Davis has even more time to square up a good bunt that gets past the pitcher and place the ball in an almost indefensible position as to almost guarantee him a hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Il BuonO said:

To bunt the ball a hitter takes a different physical position rather than when he’s swinging away. First  of all, just the act of separating your hands is different. Then, bunting for a BH is different in that a sacrifice bunt has the hitter more stationary. Moving to get momentum going AND make good contact on the bunt takes more athleticism. 
 

Again, with no one on the left side, Davis has even more time to square up a good bunt that gets past the pitcher and place the ball in an almost indefensible position as to almost guarantee him a hit.

Sure, but what does that have to do with him being in pretty good shape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...