Jump to content
SteveA

Attention Chris Davis

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, but what does that have to do with him being in pretty good shape?

Lol, athleticism, shape. Not that hard. Don’t overthink it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Il BuonO said:

Lol, athleticism, shape. Not that hard. Don’t overthink it.

You can be in shape, you know, low body fat, nice muscle mass, good cardiovascular health, and still be clumsy and nonathletic. 

I used to be in good shape when I was in the service, I was still crap at sports because I'm uncoordinated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

Lol, athleticism, shape. Not that hard. Don’t overthink it.

Did you watch him when he did bunt? Did you see the results when he did place the ball well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gatoriole said:

Did you watch him when he did bunt? Did you see the results when he did place the ball well?

Yes. I didn’t ever see him place the ball well. If the left side is cleared out it should be pretty easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Yes. I didn’t ever see him place the ball well. If the left side is cleared out it should be pretty easy. 

He did. And he was still out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can be in shape, you know, low body fat, nice muscle mass, good cardiovascular health, and still be clumsy and nonathletic. 

I used to be in good shape when I was in the service, I was still crap at sports because I'm uncoordinated.

Chris Davis. Well paid professional athlete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

What makes you think he can do the same?

Well if a former 1-1 pick who was considered a generational talent and has developed into a perennial all star and MVP candidate (and is still in his prime years) can do it, then surely anyone can

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

I disagree, he didn’t. He’s not good at bunting.

I agree he is not good at bunting. That said, he did place one well when he tried bunting. He was still thrown out. 

I am confused by your opinion regarding Davis bunting. Do you think Davis is a bad bunter, but that he should be bunting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

No offense to you. But to think he is going to be anything other than sub replacement is delusional. He has been the worst player in baseball for three years now. What else does anyone need to see?

That’s all well and good. It doesn’t make these types of posts anymore needed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

That’s all well and good. It doesn’t make these types of posts anymore needed. 

Wei Chen is the highest paid player in baseball because of releaseful thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weams said:

Wei Chen is the highest paid player in baseball because of releaseful thinking. 

By a rebuilding team. No need to do anything. He might chose to go home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gatoriole said:

I agree he is not good at bunting. That said, he did place one well when he tried bunting. He was still thrown out. 

I am confused by your opinion regarding Davis bunting. Do you think Davis is a bad bunter, but that he should be bunting?

One? Lol, ok. He got one down, so end the experiment? 
 

Look, he should have been working on it so it was in his tool bag. Much like his failure to make adjustments in his approach I don’t think he’s worked at it enough. It’s not so hard that he couldn’t make minimal improvements where there would be benefits. 
 

Davis claimed he had worked hard trying things the off-season before last, remember?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

One? Lol, ok. He got one down, so end the experiment? 
 

Look, he should have been working on it so it was in his tool bag. Much like his failure to make adjustments in his approach I don’t think he’s worked at it enough. It’s not so hard that he couldn’t make minimal improvements where there would be benefits. 
 

Davis claimed he had worked hard trying things the off-season before last, remember?

I still don't follow your point. He tried bunting more than once. He only placed one well. If you watched it was fairly apparent that bunting was not a good strategy for him. He did not look comfortable, did not place the ball well often enough, and when he finally placed a bunt well, he was still thrown out. 

You state that he isn't a good bunter. I assume that is based on some combination of the above. 

What is your point in this rant? That he isn't a good bunter, but he should be? That he would be a good bunter if he worked at bunting more?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gatoriole said:

I still don't follow your point. He tried bunting more than once. He only placed one well. If you watched it was fairly apparent that bunting was not a good strategy for him. He did not look comfortable, did not place the ball well often enough, and when he finally placed a bunt well, he was still thrown out. 

You state that he isn't a good bunter. I assume that is based on some combination of the above. 

What is your point in this rant? That he isn't a good bunter, but he should be? That he would be a good bunter if he worked at bunting more?

Calm down. I’ve hardly been ranting. I gave you a detailed explanation and you still don’t get it. So be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Undersold on this board is the fact that Toronto is a VERY large market with VERY rich ownership. At least that's my recollection. We're really going against 3 financial juggernauts and the most efficient franchise in the sport. Tough division.
    • And I don't get the idea that he's so easy to replace. I've seen this team run out enough stiffs in the outfield since Markakis left to not take that position for granted.
    • The international guys are most interesting to me. In theory one or two could come stateside and be top 10 prospects quickly if the hype matches the eye test. The few guys I wouldn't be surprised to also see added are: Cumberland - could be our future backup catcher, which has value. Could see him in the 20-30 range at the end of of 2021 with a good year. Mattson - another arm from the Bundy deal. We haven't seen him much yet. Wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to have Zimmermann like production. The headliner in a Cobb/Santander/Mancini trade.
    • 6/150 to a 31 year old centerfielder.  I hope the Jays choke on it.
    • I just don’t get the idea of why you think he is so hard to replace unless you think he is going to be healthy and a lot better moving forward than he has been so far in his career.
    • I think his ceiling would be that of a guy who is, as you say, a fringe core player. So, I would agree that he has an outside chance of becoming that player.  However, he is most likely “just” a solid role player capable of carrying an offense for a week or so.  While he is making little to no money (basically for the next 2 seasons), that is quite valuable.  No denying that. But there is risk there and you can replace him within the organization and since you don’t care about winning, just do that.
    • He's an interesting guys as well, just didn't know much about his control/command or the mechanics so it would e tough for him to jump on the scene unless he show up in the GCL and is pitching lights out with great stuff. then again, he's probably in the same class as Ortiz overall, just a lot of unknowns.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...