OFFNY

The Rubber Match (vs. RED SOX, 7/26)

I thought that was going to be off the wall, not sure whether that is what Davis thought or if he just forgot how many outs there were.

Seems like you go two-thirds of the way at most to make sure, shouldn't end up around third base.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Il BuonO said:

It’s a start.

And then he makes the last out of a inning on the basepaths .......DUMB !!!!!

Just now, MurphDogg said:

I thought that was going to be off the wall, not sure whether that is what Davis thought or if he just forgot how many outs there were.

Probably the latter.

Baserunning has been bad this year   Davis and Alberto not knowing how many outs there are, Hays not tagging up right, and twice going to 3rd with two outs when and barely being safe, but shouldn't have gone.  In 3 games.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 182 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• You must have really been feeling the itch to post something about this game. 
    • People (including me) have been focused on losing that spot for Rule 5 protection if we retain Davis this winter, but it also impacts us every time we make a waiver claim and have to DFA someone to open up a spot for the claimed player.    
    • Seems just like the old SG to take a few quotes and then start bashing our FO and ownership for "dumb" things. IMO, the most telling quote in the link was also the one ME explained.  The revenue situation is uncertain.  ME is quoted as saying, "We can't estimate our revenue, our attendance ....  We can't estimate various things that we look at when we look at a player or roster budget."  In light of such uncertainty, it is quite a leap to say the FO is dumb for not pursuing a particular player - in this case, Stroman.  Most prudent, well-run businesses would operate in such as manner given the uncertainty. There are multiple ways to save $ with Chris Davis including his negotiating a settlement for possible retirement, a shortened season, etc.  All of these things are more important today than opening up Davis' roster spot.  Let's see what happens.  
    • Also, if we keep Cobb through the winter, we will need the spot for rule 5 protection.
    • It is a happy fact that I think the Orioles will be good enough next year that they won’t need him. They need good infield defense and he doesn’t provide that.
    • Some final defensive numbers: Rtot: +15 (6th in MLB) Rdrs: -3 (19th in MLB)  UZR: -5.4 (21st in MLB) Fangraphs defense: -4.4 (21st in MLB)  Fielding %: .980 (27th in MLB) Overall, a bit better than last year but below average unless you want to believe Rtot.   
    • o   GAME ONE )))))) (First Round)   CHICAGO WHITE S OX Some Guy - CF Some Guy - LF Some Guy - RF Some Guy - DH Some Guy - 3B Some Guy - 2B Some Guy - SS Some Guy - 1B Some Guy - C Lucas Frost Giolito - RHP )) (4-3, 3.48 ERA)   OAKLAND A THLETICS Some Guy - CF Some Guy - LF Some Guy - RF Some Guy - DH Some Guy - 3B Some Guy - 2B Some Guy - SS Some Guy - 1B Some Guy - C Jesus G. Luzardo - LHP )) (3-2, 4.12 ERA)   https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups   o
  • Popular Contributors