MurphDogg

Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

If the season is going to happen, players need to take the social distancing more seriously during the game and avoid going out at all other times.

It is a big ask for guys in their 20s and 30s even if they are well paid, but it is going to take close to 100 percent cooperation to complete the season.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, weams said:

This could be the beginning of the end for the season. I don't see how the Marlins can field a team. Unless their secondary camp team can swap in completely, I don't see how they can play in the next few days until they pinpoint who didn't catch it yesterday.

4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

If the season is going to happen, players need to take the social distancing more seriously during the game and avoid going out at all other times.

It is a big ask for guys in their 20s and 30s even if they are well paid, but it is going to take close to 100 percent cooperation to complete the season.

I think it's much more the latter than the former

That's gotta be it for the season too, right?  Marlins played Phillies, who are all now very much at risk.  Marlins were in the clubhouse that the Yankees are coming to tonight, so that game will probably be postponed.  I wanted baseball so so bad and was so happy about the weekend results, but this is reality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

They should just be threatened with forfeiting all their games and having .000 batting averages and 9.00 ERAs tacked onto their career stats.  That'll look good on them the next time their precious arbitration rolls around.

That couldn't ever happen but that's what I'd do.  Rule with an iron fist.  

7 minutes ago, weams said:

This is... very bad from an MLB perspective right now. I know that the mods don't wan't COVID talk... but this clearly affects baseball, and the way that teams are behaving in the dugouts (which is likely extending into their chartered flights) means that this will probably keep happening and the season is officially in jeopardy because of it.

• Upvote 1

Well that was a fun season.. maybe 2021 season will be able to start by June next year. 

Wow, the Marlins could look like a minor league team for a while.  If baseball can't social distance enough, imagine the problems the NFL is going to have. 

I hope the season can continue.  For healthy young men in their 20's and 30's, the risk is minimal.  Its obvious, that playing the season without fans was the right decision.  Probably would have worked better if MLB played in a bubble like the NBA instead of travelling all over the country.