Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MurphDogg

Update: Chris Davis missed two games with sinus infection, has recovered

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Could he be thinking of opting out? Seems more likely than a positive test 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Doesn't look to be Covid-19 and he Hyde is inferring it's just for tonight's game. 

 

Hyde didn't infer that at all. 

His not being replaced might infer that, but Hyde himself didn't say anything to that effect.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Doesn't look to be Covid-19 and he Hyde is inferring it's just for tonight's game. 

 

That’s unfortunate. 
 

The part about him only being out tonight.  Not the not having COVID part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the years, I seem to recall Davis missing games or spring training games here and there with a cold or flulike symptoms more often than other players.   So maybe he's just someone who is more prone to catching colds.   And of course the overlap between cold symptoms and Covid means if you develop a slight cough or fever you probably have to stay home until you test negative for Covid.

So it could just be precautionary due to minor symptoms.  I notice Senzel and Moustakas are back for the Reds after sitting out.   I think they had potential symptoms but not C-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteveA said:

OK, I'm going to be that guy.   Call me Grammar Nazi if you must.   I usually don't do this.

When you say something, but leave a point unsaid for someone to assume, you are IMPLYing that point.

When the listener hears something, but assumes a point that is unsaid, the listener is INFERring that point.

So you mean to say that Hyde didn't imply that at all.   Or that we shouldn't infer that from what he says.

Haha, I actually knew that and was grimacing while typing it, I was trying to match what he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveA said:

Over the years, I seem to recall Davis missing games or spring training games here and there with a cold or flulike symptoms more often than other players.   So maybe he's just someone who is more prone to catching colds.   And of course the overlap between cold symptoms and Covid means if you develop a slight cough or fever you probably have to stay home until you test negative for Covid.

So it could just be precautionary due to minor symptoms.  I notice Senzel and Moustakas are back for the Reds after sitting out.   I think they had potential symptoms but not C-19.

His last public statement was that he has grown more concerned about playing and was going to wear a mask at first base.

To me, the most likely situation, given the mystery behind it, is that he is thinking of opting out but hasn't decided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Could he be thinking of opting out? Seems more likely than a positive test to me.

Hopefully everything is okay with Chris.  That being said, if he wants to opt out, that would be great news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 178 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...