Jump to content
wildcard

Hyde trys to find some pitchers he can trust

Recommended Posts

Just now, fitzi22 said:

Doesn’t hurt any less when we are talking how bad and unreliable our current staff is while he beats us up again as a member of the MFNYY.

Makes a huge difference to me.  The O's trading him has nothing to do with who he plays for now. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Makes a huge difference to me.  The O's trading him has nothing to do with who he plays for now. 

Facts getting in the way of people's emotions is a pain in the ass.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Makes a huge difference to me.  The O's trading him has nothing to do with who he plays for now. 

It’s not that the O’s traded him.  It’s that we are talking about finding guys just like him (homegrown reliable pitchers).  Yet we gave this one away to a hated division rival for nothing while we still have the endless discussion of “but maybe the answer is hidden in Bowie”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fitzi22 said:

It’s not that the O’s traded him.  It’s that we are talking about finding guys just like him (homegrown reliable pitchers).  Yet we gave this one away to a hated division rival for nothing while we still have the endless discussion of “but maybe the answer is hidden in Bowie”.

How much are you supposed to get in return for 25 innings of a guy who hadn't really been healthy in two years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, makoman said:

How much are you supposed to get in return for 25 innings of a guy who hadn't really been healthy in two years?

That’s why you resign him at a savings instead of trading on the low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fitzi22 said:

It’s not that the O’s traded him.  It’s that we are talking about finding guys just like him (homegrown reliable pitchers).  Yet we gave this one away to a hated division rival for nothing while we still have the endless discussion of “but maybe the answer is hidden in Bowie”.

Yea, for a month or so.

Big whoop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fitzi22 said:

That’s why you resign him at a savings instead of trading on the low

Ah, here's where your misconceptions stem from.

"Resigning him at a savings" wasn't a thing.  You do realize that he got almost $40 million from the Yankees for three seasons, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah 

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

Ah, here's where your misconceptions stem from.

"Resigning him at a savings" wasn't a thing.  You do realize that he got almost $40 million from the Yankees for three seasons, right?

Ah of course I do.  And we would have one less reason to complain about our poor pitching while still being able to trade him for something more than the non usable players we got from NY.  He is worth more than NY is paying him right now so yes it would have been a savings with a potential of a much better trade return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fitzi22 said:

Ah 

Ah of course I do.  And we would have one less reason to complain about our poor pitching while still being able to trade him for something more than the non usable players we got from NY.  He is worth more than NY is paying him right now so yes it would have been a savings with a potential of a much better trade return.

Forty million for a closer on a last place team is very foolish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact of matter is there isn’t a lot of pitching talent on the team this year and there probably won’t be much next year either. The O’s have given away far more pitching talent than we have ever acquired via trade or free agency.  It has always been and will continue to be very frustrating to me to watch guys that we had in our system punish us for years while we fail to effectively replace them.

Edited by fitzi22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No he’s not..if he was looking for guys he trusted, half of the pitchers on the staff wouldn’t be there.

I don't think he has a lot of input into roster construction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, weams said:

Forty million for a closer on a last place team is very foolish. 

It would be filling a hole with a high quality player that you all incessantly complain about while reserving the right to trade him in the future on the high for some real prospects. Sounds like a win for me.  Unless you guys like to complain and find ways for the O’s to save $$$$ for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fitzi22 said:

The fact of matter is there isn’t a lot of pitching talent on the team this year and there probably won’t be much next year either. The O’s have given away far more pitching talent than we have ever acquired via trade or free agency.  It has always been and will continue to be very frustrating to me to watch guys that we had in our system punish us for years while we fail to effectively replace them.

This actually isn’t true. 

There is a lot of talent(some of it is hurt)..and a lot of it should be up here right now.

Now, whether or not that talent develops is a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fitzi22 said:

It would be filling a hole with a high quality player that you all incessantly complain about while reserving the right to trade him in the future on the high for some real prospects. Sounds like a win for me.  Unless you guys like to complain and find ways for the O’s to save $$$$ for nothing.

Why would you think that other teams would be willing to trade "real prospects" for a guy making market value?  Or do you think he would have cut the O's a deal?  I've seen no evidence to support that theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...