Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Piss 'Em Off, and Go For 4 (vs. MARLINS, 8/04)

Until I read the OP, I had no idea we're playing 4 against the Marlins.  This could be either a lot of fun or a lot of bad baseball or both A and B.  What a crazy season.   

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Until I read the OP, I had no idea that we're playing 4 against the Marlins. This could be either a lot of fun, or a lot of bad baseball, or both A and B. What a crazy season.   

o

I was actually referring to the Orioles' current 3-game winning streak ........ which could hit 4 if they win the opening game of the upcoming series.

o

9 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I was actually referring to the Orioles' current 3-game winning streak ........ which could hit 4 if they win the opening game of the upcoming series.

o

Still, go for 4 against the Marlins too! Make it 7 in a row. Marlins should... suck. Can't be more than a patchwork lineup.

9 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Still, go for 4 against the Marlins, too !!! Make it 7 in a row. Marlins should ...... suck. Can't be more than a patch-work lineup.

o

One thing at a time, Scott ...... you can't win 7 in a row until you win 5 or 6 in a row. And you can't win 5 in a row until you win 4 in a row. Let's win tomorrow, and get the 4th.

o

o

Piss 'Em off, and go for 4 ........

FLORIDA MARLINS

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - SS

Jon David "J.D." Berti - 2B

Jesus Aguilar - 1B

McKenzie Corey Dickerson - LF

Brian Wade "B.W." Anderson - 3B

John Logan Forsythe - DH

Francisco Cervelli - C

Lewis Brinson - RF

Monte Harrison - CF ) *

Pablo Jose Lopez Serra - RHP )) (5-8, 5.09 ERA)

* )) Career Major League Debut

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - 3B

John Dwight "J.D." Smith, Jr. - DH

Austin Charles Bryan "C.B." Hays - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Pedro Severino De Leon - C

Demetrius Jerome "D.J." Stewart - LF

Andrew Velazquez - SS

John Alan Means - LHP )) (0-0, 19.29 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

2 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Looks like the storm has passed and we should be all clear for beisbol by this evening

I was checking the future radar earlier and it looked like 90% of the storm would be out to sea by now (3 pm) heading for the North Atlantic. Checked the hourly for Balmer. Tonight should be fine, everpresent chance of afternoon thunderstorms tomorow.

o

MARLINS ROSTER UPDATES )))))) (August 4th)

1) ) Recalled RHP's Jorge Guzman, Justin Shaeffer, and Yordan Yamamot ...... LHP's Josh D. Smith ...... OF Monte Harrison.

2) ) Reinstated OF's Lewis Brinson and Matthew Joyce off of the IL.

3) ) Selected the contracts of RHP's Josh A. Smith and Nick Vincent ...... LHP Dan Catsano ...... C Ryan Lavarnway ...... OF Eddy Alvarez.

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1290775661318217729/photo/1

o

17 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

MARLINS ROSTER UPDATES )))))) (August 4th)

1) ) Recalled RHP's Jorge Guzman, Justin Shaeffer, and Yordan Yamamot ...... LHP's Josh D. Smith ...... OF Monte Harrison.

2) ) Reinstated OF's Lewis Brinson and Matthew Joyce off of the IL.

3) ) Selected the contracts of RHP's Josh A. Smith and Nick Vincent ...... LHP Dan Catsano ...... C Ryan Lavarnway ...... OF Eddy Alvarez.

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1290775661318217729/photo/1

o

So it looks like Harrison is the only newly recalled or selected guy in the starting lineup.   Seems like their main lineup survived somewhat unscathed.

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So it looks like Harrison is the only newly recalled or selected guy in the starting lineup. Seems like their main lineup survived somewhat unscathed.

o

Lewis Brinson is also making his 2020 season debut. 

Brinson played MLB in parts of 3 seasons in 2017, 2018, and 2019 ........ Harrison is making his career MLB debut.

o

32 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So it looks like Harrison is the only newly recalled or selected guy in the starting lineup.   Seems like their main lineup survived somewhat unscathed.

Logan Forsythe signed 6 days ago. He was released by the Phillies before their Summer Camp exhibition games.