Sign in to follow this  
MurphDogg

O's-Marlins gametimes announced

2 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

My first thought was: "Incompetent MLB is incompetent."  Seriously, how was this not completed prior to a 7:35 start time?

Who says they won't?

People all over the country are complaining about delays in getting Covid results.   Most normal folk have to wait a couple days.   Athletes are already getting expedited special treatment (Chris Davis had 8 tests in those two days he was off and they all came back negative by the end of the second day).   As much as I am a sports fan, I'm not sure that's even right.   But if some tests that were supposed to come back in 12 hours are taking 18 because the lab is overworked, I won't blame MLB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Who says they won't?

People all over the country are complaining about delays in getting Covid results.   Most normal folk have to wait a couple days.   Athletes are already getting expedited special treatment (Chris Davis had 8 tests in those two days he was off and they all came back negative by the end of the second day).   As much as I am a sports fan, I'm not sure that's even right.   But if some tests that were supposed to come back in 12 hours are taking 18 because the lab is overworked, I won't blame MLB.

They can literally buy a lab to do these tests.

Who says they won't?  No one, but it was suggested by MLB's statement.

If MLB is going to play in general, which I have mixed feelings about due to the risks, there should be no reason why they cannot resolve everything by gametime.

And MLB hardly deserves a pass for anything at this point. 

It's been resolved.   A bunch of Marlin tests came back inconclusive, so they had to take extra time to re-test those players and they came back negative.   The game is one.

Lots of hand wringing over something pretty routine.   

Davis back in the lineup, still no Iglesias.   Maybe he can pinch hit again.

Alberto leading off -- vs a RHP.   Hays dropped to #5.

• Upvote 1

o

MARLINS ROSTER UPDATES )))))) (August 4th)

1) ) Recalled RHP's Jorge Guzman, Justin Shaeffer, and Yordan Yamamot ...... LHP's Josh D. Smith ...... OF Monte Harrison.

2) ) Reinstated OF's Lewis Brinson and Matthew Joyce off of the IL.

3) ) Selected the contracts of RHP's Josh A. Smith and Nick Vincent ...... LHP Dan Catsano ...... C Ryan Lavarnway ...... OF Eddy Alvarez.

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1290775661318217729/photo/1

o

Tonight's Marlins lineup includes two players making their Marlins debut, Monte Harrison making his MLB debut, and Logan Forsythe, who they signed six days ago. Lewis Brinson is making his season debut.

Sounds like most of the affected players were relievers, which makes sense as they have acquired several relievers over the last week, and added several more from the minors.

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Tonight's Marlins lineup includes two players making their Marlins debut, Monte Harrison making his MLB debut, and Logan Forsythe, who they signed six days ago. Lewis Brinson is making his season debut.

Sounds like most of the affected players were relievers, which makes sense as they have acquired several relievers over the last week, and added several more from the Minors.

o

FLORIDA MARLINS )))))) (AUGUST 4th)

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - SS

Jon David "J.D." Berti - 2B

Jesus Aguilar - 1B

McKenzie Corey Dickerson - LF

Brian Wade "B.W." Anderson - 3B

John Logan Forsythe - DH

Francisco Cervelli - C

Lewis Brinson - RF

Monte Harrison - CF ) *

Pablo Jose Lopez Serra - RHP )) (5-8, 5.09 ERA)

* )) Career Major League Debut

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

o

In the game thread, SteveA said the start of the game is now set for 8:15 PM.

o