Sign in to follow this  
half hop

Melanie Newman...play-by-play

7 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

I already like her more than Scott Garceau.

"The orioles have the winning run, just 60 feet away"

I like Scott as a radio personality. But, boy is he a blunder machine.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CarrRun49 said:

"The orioles have the winning run, just 60 feet away"

Maybe he was leading off

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CarrRun49 said:

Never seems to get the score right.  Thank goodness for the bug in the corner!

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Maybe he was leading off

Even with all of the rule modifications, he does know we're not on 60', 9-10 diamonds, right?

2 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Never seems to get the score right.  Thank goodness for the bug in the corner!

Scott cannot say the words "Rio Ruiz" to save his life. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Make the swap right now as far as I’m concerned. Garceau’s got a face for radio anyway, unlike Newman. 

36 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Was going to say the same about Bordick on the theory that nobody could possibly be worse. 

Most charitable interpretation of OP is he is going to miss Joe Angel, in which case I don't disagree, but I look forward to seeing what Melanie can bring. 

1 hour ago, murph said:

Ah, that is awesome.  Can't get over the air radio where I am in Manchester, MD.  WTTR comes through a little, but painful to try to listen.  I so wish we could get the FAN out there. 

Wow, that's a shame that the Orioles' radio network doesn't cover the entire state.   Has it always been like this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChipTait said:

Yeah I wanted Garceau to be good because I'm a fan of his radio show. But he always messes things up and just seems not to bring a ton of energy which isn't great for games without fans.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Was going to say the same about Bordick on the theory that nobody could possibly be worse. 

Most charitable interpretation of OP is he is going to miss Joe Angel, in which case I don't disagree, but I look forward to seeing what Melanie can bring. 

I listened over the weekend.  It was weird not getting Angel and Manfra. 

Just now, backwardsk said:

I listened over the weekend.  It was weird not getting Angel and Manfra. 

They were gone last year too.

9 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah I wanted Garceau to be good because I'm a fan of his radio show. But he always messes things up and just seems not to bring a ton of energy which isn't great for games without fans.

scott-and-anita.jpg

• Haha 1