Sign in to follow this  
half hop

Melanie Newman...play-by-play

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wow, that's a shame that the Orioles' radio network doesn't cover the entire state.   Has it always been like this?

When they were on WBAL, I could get them fairly clearly.   Except at night of course, but that was ok, because the weekends (more day games) is when I would be running around in my car wanting the radio.  Or early evening before nightfall. 

My daughter is in college now, but when she was in high school and I was often waiting to pick her up, it was very frustrating as I tried to understand what was coming through on WTTR and of course the daughter couldn't take all the static, so had to turn it off when I got her.   She didn't understand why I even tried to listen to that garbled sound.   "Because it's the Orioles!" would only get an eye roll.   🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Bourbon, bitters, sugar, orange peel 

I make a home version with bourbon, bitters, triple sec, and a cherry.  The triple sec takes the place of the simple syrup (sugar as you say) and orange peel.  

4 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I make a home version with bourbon, bitters, triple sec, and a cherry.  The triple sec takes the place of the simple syrup (sugar as you say) and orange peel.  

Makes sense to me. The flavors work.

4 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Go to Longhorn and ask for an old fashion. LOL

I use honey bourbon at home, tastes really good.

Call me old fashioned, but a thread started on the premise of someone admitting to be a male chauvinist should be locked and discarded.

I'm as old fashioned as they get, and I couldn't care less if a woman is announcing a game or not.

I do care if an announcer is any good or not, and Melanie Newman is not. She's just not good.

She adds no color at all to the game. Things like "This year it's important for players to listen to their bodies" gives me absolutely nothing.

On the radio she does say "There's the windup, and the pitch" which is nice. I'll give her that.

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What if it's a woman who talks about gutting through complete games, how important RBI are, and how it's a disgrace that the team in Cincy is named after commies?

Or saying a guy got fisted? :eek:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Or saying a guy got fisted? :eek:

"Why I do declare I feel The Vapors coming on me."

"Here little lady, come sit down. You look peekid."

2 hours ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Scott cannot say the words "Rio Ruiz" to save his life. 

Rio Wurie is the new Edwin Arncarnacion.

• Haha 4

Just now, scOtt said:

Maybe she's turning Japanese?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why women simply DO NOT do those types of things!

10 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Call me old fashioned, but a thread started on the premise of someone admitting to be a male chauvinist should be locked and discarded.

Yeah, I agree, I got a feeling that thread starter is an Alt.

Back to the subject.

Im old school, I do not care for the dump blondes that get hired to report the sports, or do in game interviews with the coaches and fans, because they do not know the game. If I wanted eye candy, then there are plenty of other places to archive that.

But, if the female is somebody like Britt that understands the game, better than some of the males here, then she has my respect.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

6 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Every time I hear the word ‘vapors’, of course I think of that fantastic song, well sort of song, by Biz Markie.

• Upvote 1