Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Cutouts in the stands

2 hours ago, Ripken said:

For all the problems this year, people are creative.  I think the cutouts are fun.  Some teams have apps to send in your picture and they randomly select and print them.  There are many cutouts of old players, Star Wars figures and everything else.  I've seen Bartman, Soto hit a HR near a section of his family cutouts, etc.  It does make it feel a bit more normal and we all need that, same with the sounds.  I still want a highlight video of cardboard fans being destroyed by foul balls and homeruns though.  

Best one I saw was of Bernie from "Weekend at Bernie's," lol....

5 minutes ago, esmd said:

Best one I saw was of Bernie from "Weekend at Bernie's," lol....

Yeah, that was great and, as someone mentioned, there is even charity money involved in this.  Bright side.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I like it.     Thought it was really a fun vibe in Philly.    I like their phony crowd noise too, complete with random horn blasts.    Overall, I think the sound engineers are getting better at what they’re doing with experience.   

When I first heard the horns, I thought it was an excerpt from something by Stravinsky or Shostakovich, And I was thinking, “how classy these fans are!”

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They have to find him first.

how long before cutout fans with brown bags over their heads are put in a stadium where the team is doing poorly?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

How long before cutout fans with brown bags over their heads are put in a stadium where the team is doing poorly ???

o

Or when the cutouts were comprised of 60% Oriole fans and 40% Yankee fans when those bastards came to OPACY ???

o

The O's could add a few local celebrities/historical figures.  Edgar Allan Poe comes to mind.  How ironic would it be to have a John Waters cutout at an Orioles game!?

3 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

The O's could add a few local celebrities/historical figures.  Edgar Allan Poe comes to mind.  How ironic would it be to have a John Waters cutout at an Orioles game!?

Put him next to Zappa.

20 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

The cutouts are comical - borderline creepy - to me.  Especially the ones in the outfield stands.

We can do a horror section, and put Freddy, Jason, and Michael in there, with some other guys, like the dude from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• This is actually incorrect. As of now, there is no DH in the NL in 2021, so he wouldn’t have a ton of value to teams over there.  If NL teams knew the DH was happening for them in 2021, maybe they would have found a suitor. And we don’t know that someone won’t pay him 1-2M in 2021.  We just know that no one was willing to trade for him and pay him that money.  Big difference. In any case, he’s not expensive.  The average MLB salary in 2020 was almost 4.5M.  He would have been paid well under that number.  In fact, with MLB minimum salary close to 600k, he will get paid much closer to the minimum salary than the average salary.  So no, he’s not expensive at all.
    • Honestly, I think Kramer is the best bet.I don’t think taking a player like Diaz or a player like Santana who hasn’t played above Short season A.    Being forced to keep Davis again leaves the Os short already and taking another player who’s not ready and will likely struggle mightily at the plate doesn’t make sense.    According to MLB.com Santana ranks 45/45/45 in run field and arm. He over performed with the bat early but hit .267 /.337 /.329 in 2019. I can’t see how he would stick. As for Diaz,  he hit .264/.307/.430 ....He’d likely be worse than Ruiz.  
    • We  have seen this before.   Elias claims a guy and then passes him through waivers.   Or attempts to.   Shaw is no different from Hector Velazquez, Urena, Hanhold, or  Diplan,  He tried to do the same with Alberto but he got claimed and Elias had to reclaim him.    Shaw is cheap, has an option so adds organization flexibility and could be recalled as a DH if the O's have a bunch of injuries.   I don't think he stays on the major league roster just like these other waiver claims.  Nunez is a guy Elias had to make a call on whether he fit with all the other players that have more potential to hit and play better defense.  Was he worth the money and the roster spot?  Elias decided he was not.  The O's would not have the at bats available for him to be productive.
    • Well, all 30 Major League Baseball front offices agreed with the notion that he was too expensive at his likely arbitration pricetag for the minimal value he offers, so...
    • I don't think the decision to let Nunez go is related to this flyer at all.  This is merely a low-cost, no-risk flyer IMO.  Nunez was gone before Elias even knew Shaw would be placed on waivers by the Giants, so there is no reason to think the plan was to release Nunez and replace him in the lineup with Shaw.  As you said, Shaw is left-handed, has an option, and is cheap.  I don't think it is any more complicated than that.   There's a good chance IMO that, as other moves are made, Shaw ends up DFA and we try to pass him thru waivers and outright him to Norfolk.
  • Popular Contributors