Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
interloper

Baseball Savant Loves Santander's Whole Game

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, makoman said:

True, and if we have an excess of anything it’s probably outfielders so that’s what you want to deal (although all of ours our still uncertain). As always it just depends on if you can get what you perceive is good value. 

If this is Santander's level of ability than you find someplace else for Diaz to play.  I don't think Diaz is likely to be better than Santander has been this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If this is Santander's level of ability than you find someplace else for Diaz to play.  I don't think Diaz is likely to be better than Santander has been this season.

Yeah, I mean, if i thought Santander was for real I’d probably need something like a good young starter, better than Means, probably more of a need. And probably not available. 
I’m still not sure if I’m sold yet but I’m definitely open to believing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

If this is Santander's level of ability than you find someplace else for Diaz to play.  I don't think Diaz is likely to be better than Santander has been this season.

Or maybe you hold onto Diaz for a while as 4th OF, then trade him when the time is right. Look at what Alex Verdugo got the Dodgers. 

Between 1B, OF, and LF plus injuries I have to think we can find a place for Diaz. Plus Hays is not a sure thing by any means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Or maybe you hold onto Diaz for a while as 4th OF, then trade him when the time is right. Look at what Alex Verdugo got the Dodgers. 

Between 1B, OF, and LF plus injuries I have to think we can find a place for Diaz. Plus Hays is not a sure thing by any means. 

I'd consider being the fourth outfielder as someplace else for him to play.  I wasn't trying to suggest that trading him was the only option, just if Santander keeps playing this well Right Field is locked up for next few seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you think this is real this is the kind of guy you extend.

Since I haven’t been paying close attention, how many years will it be until he becomes a FA? 

He has been fun to watch this year, for sure. Thanks, Cleveland!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd consider being the fourth outfielder as someplace else for him to play.  I wasn't trying to suggest that trading him was the only option, just if Santander keeps playing this well Right Field is locked up for next few seasons.

Exactly, I was agreeing with you. Even if Santander, Hays, and Mountcastle all manage to stick we probably have room for at least one more OF, maybe more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...