wildcard

Baseball ages of tonight starting lineup

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It's more like they were a poor team playing unexpectedly well, and the end of that run seems to have coincided with Iglesias going out.  Unlikely there's much cause-and-effect there.

This team has poor starting pitching.  The relievers, team offense and team defense are about average.

3 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Santander has been elite defensively in the small sample size thus far this season.

Alberto was above average in outs above average last year, tied for 11th out of 38 in the league among second basemen (when only considering when he played second). He struggled going to his right, but was above average going in, back, and to his left. He was tied for 22nd out of 138 infielders.

Ok ..,but I heard McDonald say that Alberto has limited range. I tend to want to take his word for it.

Also ... The metrics on Santander are what they are ...I’m talking about watching the games and seeing him extend an arm to make a catch on a pop up or canocorn play. Watch, he does it a lot.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

This team has poor starting pitching.  The relievers, team offense and team defense are about average.

The offense hasn’t looked great during the losing streak. When they do score runs it’s usually late.

51 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The offense hasn’t looked great during the losing streak. When they do score runs it’s usually late.

I think early opposing starters were not performing at mid season form.  Now the other team's starters are more in their groove.   With good starters hitters either get to them early or have to wait until they tire.    I think that is what we are seeing now.  6th, 7th inning vs tiring starters and middle relievers.