Belkast

What I was told today......

Well. I've been away from the board for a few days and come back to all this info. It appears the stove is really heating up. Can't wait to see what happens. Thanks to all the guys with the inside info.

If what you say is true (and it sounds like it is), Angelos is basically the GM. If that's the case, then the O's have NOOOOO CHANCE of being successful - period.

Everyone Wants to win - from the cheapest owners to the biggest spenders. Wanting to win and $1.55 will get you a large groin-scalding cup of coffee at McDonalds.

I'm guessing that MJA3488 refers only to Angelos because that's how he/she is connected. I've always suspected MJA was the real deal -- something about those initials. Does anyone know of an Angelos born on March 4, 1988? PGA's oldest son, John, would have been in his first year of law school then. Maybe I'm way off, but I'm guessing there is a family connection.

Could this offseason actual be possible?

Sign Konerko - 5yrs / $65M - $70M - more than he should get but that is what it will take in this offseason to get him here

Trade with Phillies - Bedard and Gibbons for Abreu

Trade with Texas - RLopez for Gonzalez

Trade with Houston - JLopez and Prospect for Lidge

Sign Hernandez - 3yrs / $21M

Sign Byrd - 2yrs / $15M

Sign Nomar - 1yr / $6M

Sign Weaver - 2yrs / $14M

Roberts - 2b

Mora - 3b

Tejada - SS

Konerko - 1b/DH

Abreu - RF

Nomar - LF

Gonzalez - 1b/DH

Hernandez - C

Markakis / Matos - CF

Weaver, Byrd, Caberra, Chen, Maine with Penn, Loewen, Olson all waiting in minors

Lidge, Ray, Williams, Kline, Burdak, Rleal, DuBois / Rakers

Now I really can't wait for the winter meetings to begin next week. :)

No love for Bedard? I guess he's not untouchable, but I would hate to give him up.

The only question I really have with Bedard is if he stays healthy. If he does I think he will develop into a top starter, especially in the NL.

The only question I really have with Bedard is if he stays healthy. If he does I think he will develop into a top starter, especially in the NL.

Yea, i do not want to see him traded but they seem intent on dealin ghim...I just hope they get back something very special for him.

Yea, i do not want to see him traded but they seem intent on dealin ghim...I just hope they get back something very special for him.

I think getting back either Dunn or Abreu should be considered "very special"

If nothing else, if half these rumors are true, it will be a very interesting winter. Too many sources have said that Bedard is as good as gone to ignore it. I have a feeling that we will wind up without a true #1 or #2 starter when all is said and done. Unless Cabrera takes a giant step forward.

So it looks like they are active, if the insiders are correct.

While I still don't have the faith that they can pull of a blockbuster trade or a make a marquee signing like Burnett or Millwood, I will reserve my opinion until after the winter meetings, when people say some signings and trades could occur.

I think getting back either Dunn or Abreu should be considered "very special"

That depends....Dunn is a tremendous talent but without an extension, i am not sure Dunn is worth it.

Abreu's h/r splits and his bad second half last year are alarming as well.

HEre is question....Would you guys rather trade BEdard for one of these 2 or would you prefer to get a Jeremy Hermida or Delmon Young for him?

So it looks like they are active, if the insiders are correct.

While I still don't have the faith that they can pull of a blockbuster trade or a make a marquee signing like Burnett or Millwood, I will reserve my opinion until after the winter meetings, when people say some signings and trades could occur.

With all of these rumors, it sure would be disappointing to have the winter meetings end with no major deals and just hear something like "we have laid the groundwork for some possible future deals". :D

That depends....Dunn is a tremendous talent but without an extension, i am not sure Dunn is worth it.

Abreu's h/r splits and his bad second half last year are alarming as well.

HEre is question....Would you guys rather trade BEdard for one of these 2 or would you prefer to get a Jeremy Hermida or Delmon Young for him?

What makes you think we could get either one of those guys fro Bedard. I would rather have Abreu or Dunn anyway.

What makes you think we could get either one of those guys fro Bedard. I would rather have Abreu or Dunn anyway.

I am not saying we can...I used them as examples..Essentially, i am asking, would we rather get that established guy or super blue chip prospects...For example, what if we could get Mathis and Kotchman for Bedard? Would we prefer that?

I am not saying we can...I used them as examples..Essentially, i am asking, would we rather get that established guy or super blue chip prospects...For example, what if we could get Mathis and Kotchman for Bedard? Would we prefer that?

Of course that would be preferred, however it appears as if the FO and PA feels as if their can't be any more losing seasons. By trading for prospects you are going to have a few more losing seasons, by trading for an established player and signing a few others you could have the winning season.

Not saying thats my opinion, but it appears from everything I heard its the FO's.

For Dunn or Abreu, I'd deal Bedard in an instant. I'd love to see what Bedard could do under Mazzone, but I trust Flanagan if he feels Bedard will likely not live to his potential.

Whether I'd take Dunn or Abreau, I have mixed emotions. Dunn is a favorite of mine and has been for a while; that status was sealed last summer when I saw the O's in Cincinnati, and Dunn came to the plate with Night Ranger's Sister Christian blarring. The 80's child in me gleamed. His addition would be welcome to my lineup.

Seriously, though, Dunn has the positive in his younger age. Both guys work the count and get walks, so they would be huge improvements over Gibbons. Abreu is the better contact hitter with better speed; Dunn could mash 50+ homers in Camden with ease. I could more easily see Abreu's numbers penciled into the three spot hitting lefty between Mora and Tejada than Dunn's sub-.270 batting average (but with Tejada hitting behind him and Roberts/Mora on base, you'd think pitchers would have to pitch to Dunn -- which is one scary thought). Both guys have good arms.

In the end, I'd prefer Dunn because of his age, price and Night Ranger. :D

For Dunn or Abreu, I'd deal Bedard in an instant. I'd love to see what Bedard could do under Mazzone, but I trust Flanagan if he feels Bedard will likely not live to his potential.

Whether I'd take Dunn or Abreau, I have mixed emotions. Dunn is a favorite of mine and has been for a while; that status was sealed last summer when I saw the O's in Cincinnati, and Dunn came to the plate with Night Ranger's Sister Christian blarring. The 80's child in me gleamed. His addition would be welcome to my lineup.

Seriously, though, Dunn has the positive in his younger age. Both guys work the count and get walks, so they would be huge improvements over Gibbons. Abreu is the better contact hitter with better speed; Dunn could mash 50+ homers in Camden with ease. I could more easily see Abreu's numbers penciled into the three spot hitting lefty between Mora and Tejada than Dunn's sub-.270 batting average (but with Tejada hitting behind him and Roberts/Mora on base, you'd think pitchers would have to pitch to Dunn -- which is one scary thought). Both guys have good arms.

In the end, I'd prefer Dunn because of his age, price and Night Ranger. :D

Why do we trust Flanagan on making personnel decisions on pitchers? Because he was a pitcher? So was Beattie, and in the last 3 years I can think of a lot more bad moves involving pitchers than good ones.