Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DocJJ

The ex-Orioles lineup vs the Orioles lineup

Recommended Posts

Who would win?

Lineup:

1B Christian Walker .296 3 HR 13 RBI .840 OPS

2B Jonathan Schoop .286 7 HR 16 RBI .833 OPS

3B Justin Turner .294 2 HR 19 RBI .817 OPS

SS Manny Machado .280 8 HR 22 RBI .943 OPS

CF Mike Yastrzemski .293 7 HR 23 RBI 1.022 OPS

RF Nick Markakis .353 1 HR 6 RBI 1.039 OPS

LF Jonathan Villar .270 2 HR 9 RBI .691 OPS

DH Nelson Cruz .327 11 HR 27 RBI 1.088 OPS

C Matt Wieters .000  0 HR 0 RBI. .000 OPS (someone has to catch, couldn't find anyone else)

 

Pitchers:

Josh Hader 0-0 0.00 7 Saves (nifty .548 WHIP!)

Zack Britton 0-2 2.00 ERA 8 Saves

Kevin Gausman 1-1 4.65 ERA

Dylan Bundy 3-2 2.58 (0.877 WHIP!)

Nestor Cortes 0-1 15.28 ERA (running out of starting pitching ideas....)

 

 

I'm not being critical of the O's management- all teams have guys they couldn't afford the money to re-sign or guys they gave up on a bit prematurely....  I'm sure the Indians would love to have Santander back!

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some other pitchers to fill out your staff:   Zach Davies, Chaz Roe, Oliver Drake, Brault, Rich Hill, Arrieta, Strop, Brach, O'Day.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Duquette was a Pat Gillick type that held on to prospects. Never agreed with a model of trade prospects for a playoff run and then let said player you traded for go the next season.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OsEatAlEast said:

If only Duquette was a Pat Gillick type that held on to prospects. Never agreed with a model of trade prospects for a playoff run and then let said player you traded for go the next season.

I think it had more to do with being in contention 6 straight years.  It is tough for small market teams to keep going for it year after year they usually have a 4-5 year window and then need to rebuild or throw in towel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Some other pitchers to fill out your staff:   Rich Hill

Gotta give Rich Hill some props.  His career was basically done in 2009, when his barely-attached arm was lobbing up junk for the Orioles.  Now he's 40, has pitched in 19 pro seasons, something like 30 teams including minors.  And he also had some personal tragedy mixed in there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If Elias takes an approach for building similar to Tampa we should get used to there being a lot of ex-Orioles.

Naw, by the time they will get expensive they will be so old no one will trade for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I think it had more to do with being in contention 6 straight years.  It is tough for small market teams to keep going for it year after year they usually have a 4-5 year window and then need to rebuild or throw in towel. 

One of my examples would be Andrew Miller. It would have been a great trade had they held on to him. He was one of the best relievers in the game at the time. It's just in my mind that if you think enough of a guy to trade for him then they should be thought of as part of your future. JMO

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OsEatAlEast said:

One of my examples would be Andrew Miller. It would have been a great trade had they held on to him. He was one of the best relievers in the game at the time. It's just in my mind that if you think enough of a guy to trade for him then they should be thought of as part of your future. JMO

The trade would grade out the same either way.  He was a free agent without attached draft pick compensation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocJJ said:

Who would win?

Lineup:

1B Christian Walker .296 3 HR 13 RBI .840 OPS

2B Jonathan Schoop .286 7 HR 16 RBI .833 OPS

3B Justin Turner .294 2 HR 19 RBI .817 OPS

SS Manny Machado .280 8 HR 22 RBI .943 OPS

CF Mike Yastrzemski .293 7 HR 23 RBI 1.022 OPS

RF Nick Markakis .353 1 HR 6 RBI 1.039 OPS

LF Jonathan Villar .270 2 HR 9 RBI .691 OPS

DH Nelson Cruz .327 11 HR 27 RBI 1.088 OPS

C Matt Wieters .000  0 HR 0 RBI. .000 OPS (someone has to catch, couldn't find anyone else)

 

Pitchers:

Josh Hader 0-0 0.00 7 Saves (nifty .548 WHIP!)

Zack Britton 0-2 2.00 ERA 8 Saves

Kevin Gausman 1-1 4.65 ERA

Dylan Bundy 3-2 2.58 (0.877 WHIP!)

Nestor Cortes 0-1 15.28 ERA (running out of starting pitching ideas....)

 

 

I'm not being critical of the O's management- all teams have guys they couldn't afford the money to re-sign or guys they gave up on a bit prematurely....  I'm sure the Indians would love to have Santander back!

 

 

Jonah Heim

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotation could have included Eduardo Rodriguez, but I see he's out for the year with Covid related Myocarditis....  Yikes!!!!😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...