Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Philip

My gosh I missed you guys

Recommended Posts

Hey look at me, I'm leaving!

Look, look, look, I want attention on the way out.

If you want to go, why not just go?

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guys, he's taking Mike Trout, we can't let that happen!  Somebody frisk him and save all the useful fish.

Those post-op pain killers kicking in, C_o_c? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beef Supreme said:

Those post-op pain killers kicking in, C_o_c? 

Naw, I'm just on Tylenol.

It was sinus surgery, other than the fact that I'm dripping blood out my nose I feel pretty decent.  Bit of a headache.

I just couldn't let a hitchhiker reference go untouched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Naw, I'm just on Tylenol.

It was sinus surgery, other than the fact that I'm dripping blood out my nose I feel pretty decent.  Bit of a headache.

I just couldn't let a hitchhiker reference go untouched.

You've seemed downright mirthful today with your posts, old boy!

Sorry about your surgery. Heal quickly and be well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

You've seemed downright mirthful today with your posts, old boy!

Sorry about your surgery. Heal quickly and be well.

If you had a 100% blockage in one nostril for over a year and it got removed wouldn't you be a bit mirthful?

 

Oh noes, DARKHAWK downvoted me.  Woe is me.

On that note, I'm going to go change my gauze.

Edited by Can_of_corn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you had a 100% blockage in one nostril for over a year and it got removed wouldn't you be a bit mirthful?

I sort of understand. I once had such a badly broken nose, I was breathing through one nostril only for about a year.

Did you have a cyst?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

What I can't get behind is:

I think that’s a bit unfair. Tony was explaining his reasoning, and defending his reasoning. He was neither insulting nor inflammatory nor even incorrect.

He was not saying, “I can be political but you can’t be.” His explanation was entirely appropriate given the circumstances.
I do not know your politics(Though as far as I’m concerned, anyone who loves animals shares some common ground with me, regardless of what other attitudes they might have) but based on what you have written here it sounds like you have a problem with Tony’s. As I have said, more than once, the essence of communication is not agreement, but understanding. 
The goal of Tony’s comment Was not for you to agree with him, but for you to understand where he was coming from, and now that you understand where he’s coming from, it seems as if you find that personally offensive.

Your comment”...or live with yourself if you remain” also implies that people who don’t share your position are themselves in need of some kind of remedial correction, and if we don’t follow you out the door we are somehow bad people, or, if not bad, insert your preferred adjective. 
If that is correct, that disappoints me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

I sort of understand. I once had such a badly broken nose, I was breathing through one nostril only for about a year.

Did you have a cyst?

Polyp.

Evidently they took out one large and two small today.  I'll try and get the details when I have my first post op next week.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hey look at me, I'm leaving!

Look, look, look, I want attention on the way out.

If you want to go, why not just go?

I think many people who have been on this site for years have some conflicted feelings about whether or not to stay and if they want to use their potentially last post as an opportunity to express their reasoning or even blow off some steam then who are you to judge them for that, especially when the front page of this "non-political"  site and it's sudden closing, with no regard to the community, and re-opening was used in a similar way that you are judging the poster for. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pwhite said:

 

Preach. I've been toying with posting something similar but you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more. 

I realize we are currently living in a highly politicized environment but I simply cannot patronize a site after reading that editorial. I vehemently disagree with it, and while some may view it as a small or insignificant action to leave the site, I am trying to do whatever I can to support progressive views currently. I want to be on the correct side of history. 

I will no longer be posting or visiting. Assuming I will get banned so it's been fun all. 

It is curious that you assume you would be banned for expressing a view that you feel is opposite that of the administrator. Do you feel that way because that is what you would do to someone at your site who expressed a view contrary to yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darkhawk said:

I think many people who have been on this site for years have some conflicted feelings about whether or not to stay and if they want to use their potentially last post as an opportunity to express their reasoning or even blow off some steam then who are you to judge them for that, especially when the front page of this "non-political"  site and it's sudden closing, with no regard to the community, and re-opening was used in a similar way that you are judging the poster for. 

If you want to go, just go.

Don't try and martyr yourself over a message board.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without getting into anything that Tony said, which is quite frankly none of my business, I do think the proper way to run these types of sites is to keep social and political talk off of it.

I realize it’s tough in the current climate with how it’s overrunning pro sports but there is zero chance the conversation will stay just sports..no matter how much Weams or Tony or whoever asks you to keep it to sports, it just won’t happen.

There are tons of message boards where you can go have those discussions and I do feel that there are better places to go for those conversations than sports boards.  Now, that’s not to say people on here or wherever don’t have intelligent things to say on those topics, just that this is supposed to be fun and those conversations are rarely fun and enjoyable.  Doesn’t mean they aren’t important, just that they don’t carry much level of fun and joy.

Anyway, I can see why some would get turned off and I can see why some appreciated it.  Ultimately, I think you just put it behind you and move on.  It’s not worth it to get upset over or to let it bother you or anything like that.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hey look at me, I'm leaving!

Look, look, look, I want attention on the way out.

If you want to go, why not just go?

Dram queens will be dram queens on their way out. I was disappointed in some people that upvoted it but it is what it is at this point. People can stay or go, it's totally up to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Philip said:

I think that’s a bit unfair. Tony was explaining his reasoning, and defending his reasoning. He was neither insulting nor inflammatory nor even incorrect.

He was not saying, “I can be political but you can’t be.” His explanation was entirely appropriate given the circumstances.
I do not know your politics(Though as far as I’m concerned, anyone who loves animals shares some common ground with me, regardless of what other attitudes they might have) but based on what you have written here it sounds like you have a problem with Tony’s. As I have said, more than once, the essence of communication is not agreement, but understanding. 
The goal of Tony’s comment Was not for you to agree with him, but for you to understand where he was coming from, and now that you understand where he’s coming from, it seems as if you find that personally offensive.

Your comment”...or live with yourself if you remain” also implies that people who don’t share your position are themselves in need of some kind of remedial correction, and if we don’t follow you out the door we are somehow bad people, or, if not bad, insert your preferred adjective. 
If that is correct, that disappoints me.

People who disagree with me have a hard time getting that. I was not being political to be political, I was explaining my reasoning. Either way, I'm completely fine with the people that no longer want to post here because of the situation. It's totally up to them and I will wish them well as long as they don't try to be all dramatic and make it personal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...