Jump to content
ChipTait

11th Inning defense. Why was Alberto out?

Recommended Posts

In the 11th inning, Sisco moved from DH to C, Holaday from C to 1B, Nunez to 3rd and Ruiz to 2nd.

Was Alberto injured?  What did I miss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

In the 11th inning, Sisco moved from DH to C, Holaday from C to 1B, Nunez to 3rd and Ruiz to 2nd.

Was Alberto injured?  What did I miss?

I have no idea, but Maybe because of his ridiculous error that cost cost two unearned runs?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Jays had tied the game, the O's would have had to bat their pitcher in the 12th.  All the hitters were used up.  That was only his 2nd error all year.  Stupid error, I'll agree, but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Philip said:

I have no idea, but Maybe because of his ridiculous error that cost cost two unearned runs?

He’s generally a very good defender.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frobby said:

He’s generally a very good defender.   

Yes and I was surprised. But so what? Adam said,”sometimes you suck.” And I really took that to heart. But I would still yank him from the game. You don’t let such a gaffe pass.

if he hadn’t made that error, Akin has a clean outing and we don’t go extra innings, instead getting a shutout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes and I was surprised. But so what? Adam said,”sometimes you suck.” And I really took that to heart. But I would still yank him from the game. You don’t let such a gaffe pass.

if he hadn’t made that error, Akin has a clean outing and we don’t go extra innings, instead getting a shutout.

I did not see the play, but it was a physical error, correct?    Six innings earlier?  Nobody who’s generally a good fielder gets pulled from a game in extra innings for that.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

If the Jays had tied the game, the O's would have had to bat their pitcher in the 12th.  All the hitters were used up.  That was only his 2nd error all year.  Stupid error, I'll agree, but...

Actually the new defensive alignment was weaker than the previous. My suggestion was actually made in jest,Because I have no idea why it was done, but looking over the new lineup, it is inexplicable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I did not see the play, but it was a physical error, correct?    Six innings earlier?  Nobody who’s generally a good fielder gets pulled from a game in extra innings for that.    

Yes I agree, especially because the new alignment was considerably weaker defensively. Still, you Gotta do something when someone does something so egregious. They’re not playing for minimum-wage. You’re allowed to expect more from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering this myself. One of my biggest problems with the Scott Garceau and the analysts this year is a failure to recognize these kinds of situations. I understand that they aren't at the games and the situation is challenging but they are seeing and being given more information than the viewer is and yet we notice things that they don't.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

I have no idea why Hyde thought Nunez at 3rd was somehow better than keeping Alberto at 2nd.  Sometimes he makes real headscratcher moves.

Obviously there has to be some sort of injury to Alberto.  The move wasn't made for defensive purposes.  We got worse at 3B and C, and put our pitcher in the batting order.  Was Hyde asked about on the post game ZC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alberto had a ground ball to him in short RF. Akin was pulled  prior to that with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in a 1-0 game. All  Alberto had to do was throw a strike to 1B to end the inning and hold the 1-0 lead. He like a lot of our infielders throws a 3/4 arm toss that sailed about 2 feet over Nunez's head. Ridiculous ! The players looked at him like WTF. 2 errors ?  He has screwed up before at 2B. I guess they didn't give him errors.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, there was no way he was being “punished” six innings later with the game on the line.  Maybe we will hear something tomorrow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...