Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sports Guy

Os system up to 8th according to MLB.com

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

How is the PTBNL determined? What stops the other team from making it a throw away prospect?

The teams negotiate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The teams negotiate.

What leverage do the O’s have in trying to get a quality player back? Is there a predetermined starting point in negotiations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

What leverage do the O’s have in trying to get a quality player back? Is there a predetermined starting point in negotiations?

They've already had the negotiations.  They have either already agreed to a player or have a list of candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

What leverage do the O’s have in trying to get a quality player back? Is there a predetermined starting point in negotiations?

Both teams already know who the player is. They just can’t announce 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

How is the PTBNL determined? What stops the other team from making it a throw away prospect?

I do believe the PTBNL is predetermined but due to not being on the 60 man it cannot be announced in this strange year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seemed to be a lot of foot stomping a few weeks ago about not having a top 10 system.  

So...there.

I still wonder how much elite, impact talent we have though.  
 

Gotta have that to win.  The development of Hall, GRod, Kjerstad and Rutschman is absolutely enormous for the future of the organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I still wonder how much elite, impact talent we have though.  
 

Gotta have that to win.  The development of Hall, GRod, Kjerstad and Rutschman is absolutely enormous for the future of the organization.

I am hopeful that one or more of the MI recently drafted becomes a blue chipper too!  The draft in any sport is a crap shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I still wonder how much elite, impact talent we have though.  
 

Gotta have that to win.  The development of Hall, GRod, Kjerstad and Rutschman is absolutely enormous for the future of the organization.

Agreed.  We seem to have some high end talent but it falls off pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chuck A said:

I am hopeful that one or more of the MI recently drafted becomes a blue chipper too!  The draft in any sport is a crap shoot.

Yea and you never know if one of these Intl FA turns into a beast either.

Just saying that, as of right now, I like the depth of the organization and they have some good talent at the top but I do think it’s fair to question if we have superstar level talent.  
 

Look at what the WS were building and what they are showing now as an example of what I am talking about...or what Houston did, Chicago, etc..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, byrdz said:

Happy to see them cracking the top 10 finally. Nice job Elias!

The top prospect list is still largely comprised of prospects drafted or otherwise acquired from the previous regime.  Save for Rutchsman and Kjerstad, who were the #1 and #2 picks overall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed.  We seem to have some high end talent but it falls off pretty quickly.

I think this was true to start the year but the system is starting to fill out depth wise. The deals at the deadline gave us some top 20 guys as well as presumably more to come. Also it's clear Elias' draft was also focused on getting quantity going underslot in the first and going overslot on the high schoolers. To become a number 1 system they need to start signing better international classes which I believe is already happening.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Both teams already know who the player is. They just can’t announce 

That would make me believe that the PTBNL will be a recent signee. What other reasons are there for not announcing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

The top prospect list is still largely comprised of prospects drafted or otherwise acquired from the previous regime.  Save for Rutchsman and Kjerstad, who were the #1 and #2 picks overall.  

He's only been year for a little under 2 years...how do you expect him to get top 100 prospects outside of the previous regime and 1st round picks that quick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

That would make me believe that the PTBNL will be a recent signee. What other reasons are there for not announcing it?

Because they're not on the 60 man and with COVID they can't...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...