Sign in to follow this  
Stotle

Heya.

I thought then and I think now the most boss move he could have made was to tie the record then sit out the next game.

Would have done even more for his legacy.

I know Mr Gehrig only stopped playing due to the illness that eventually claimed his life so it seems fitting for me to tie, not break the record.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Stotle said:

Sorry if there is already a thread elsewhere ...... I just wanted to stop in and say that I can't believe it's been 25 years !!! Hope y'all are well.

o

I had a cross-country race at Waveny Park in New Canaan, CT that evening, so I had my girlfriend tape the game. 

I got home about 10 minutes before he hit the home run into the left-field stands.

o

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I had a cross-country race at Waveny Park in New Canaan, CT that evening, so I had my girlfriend tape the game. 

I got home about 10 minutes before he hit the home run into the left-field stands.

o

I had to work both 2130 and 2131 until 9pm.   No dvr or taping but drove to my girlfriends to watch the game(s).    Don’t want to mention what speeds my Chevy chevette made it too trying to get there.    I have rewatched both so often I honestly have no idea at point in the games I arrived.  But even with all that it was amazing to see.  

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Stotle said:

Sorry if there is already a thread elsewhere -- just wanted to stop in and say I can't believe it's been 25 years! Hope y'all are well.

?m=02&d=20150901&t=2&i=1076135739&w=1200

Thank you for honoring us with your salutary visit!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Greatest sporting event of my lifetime and I doubt it will ever be topped.

For me I'd go with the Miracle on Ice.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

For me I'd go with the Miracle on Ice.

It was absolutely stunning to be in stadium.  I was surprised.  Had goosebumps as it was happening.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Stotle said:

Sorry if there is already a thread elsewhere -- just wanted to stop in and say I can't believe it's been 25 years! Hope y'all are well.

?m=02&d=20150901&t=2&i=1076135739&w=1200

I was a college baseball player and drove five hours each way for it.  Best decision I ever made.

• Upvote 1

I was lucky enough to attend.   Sitting not far from where Cal’s homer landed.    It was an amazing night.    

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Heya.

I thought then and I think now the most boss move he could have made was to tie the record then sit out the next game.

Would have done even more for his legacy.

I know Mr Gehrig only stopped playing due to the illness that eventually claimed his life so it seems fitting for me to tie, not break the record.

Hey buddy! I get the sentiment but as Mr. Gehrig is a Yankee and Cal is an Oriole I am cool with how it unfolded! It also helps that Cal went a fair bit past this point, which makes it a pretty strong case it's rightfully his title. Also, Cal had to endure longer seasons, which I consider to be a feather in his cap (albeit with better trainers and conditioning available to him).

22 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

We went to 2130 and watched 2131 live (and recorded it). I was a junior in HS at Annapolis. My brother and I watched the taped game probably a dozen times over the next two years! It was awesome.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, murph said:

I had to work both 2130 and 2131 until 9pm.   No dvr or taping but drove to my girlfriends to watch the game(s).    Don’t want to mention what speeds my Chevy chevette made it too trying to get there.    I have rewatched both so often I honestly have no idea at point in the games I arrived.  But even with all that it was amazing to see.  

Same boat -- watched that taped game many many times (even brought it to college with me).

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, weams said:

Thank you for honoring us with your salutary visit!

I mean, some Orioles dates are so important you have to stop by and say, "Hi", right?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Greatest sporting event of my lifetime and I doubt it will ever be topped.

It was really amazing; goosebumps thinking about it! That whole summer was great.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1