Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rojo13

If only Elias hadn't traded the 11th best player in baseball (Bundy) for next to nothing

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think it's nefarious to expect a solid ROI for an asset such as the Orioles.

So you think they're prepping to sell the team and they don't care if it leaves Baltimore. That's what I'm picking up from you here, though my @Can of Corn translator never seems to be well-calibrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CallMeBrooksie said:

So you think they're prepping to sell the team and they don't care if it leaves Baltimore. That's what I'm picking up from you here, though my @Can of Corn translator never seems to be well-calibrated.

I think you need to adjust the knobs.

What I said has nothing to do with selling the team.

You can make money from an investment without selling it. 

If I had a billion dollar asset I'd expect to pull a nice yearly income from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think you need to adjust the knobs.

What I said has nothing to do with selling the team.

You can make money from an investment without selling it. 

If I had a billion dollar asset I'd expect to pull a nice yearly income from it.

Yeah I think it needs a thorough tune-up, because I'm still not sure what you're getting at in the context of our back and forth😁

Were you agreeing with me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

I don't think they sock away O'Day's $10 million in a rainy-day fund,  but I also don't believe that they're slashing salary as a nefarious plot to line their own pockets. I have just as much proof as you do to back up my opinion, which is really nothing. It's speculation. I do think it's naive to think that ownership shouldn't value lower salary commitments during a full gut and rebuild. I also don't think Gausman himself was ever going to bring back a top 5 organizational prospect from any team. He wasn't that kind of trade chip.

I think you're frustration is valid, but I just have a different perspective on it. I'm pretty pleased with the ownership hand off.

Well, your expectations for what you think ownership should be are pretty low imo.  You are fine with them thinking greed first. I’m not.

Im all for them making as much money as possible but they still have to do what’s best for the franchise..the Angelos brothers haven’t shown they are that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Yeah I think it needs a thorough tune-up, because I'm still not sure what you're getting at in the context of our back and forth😁

Were you agreeing with me?

I  think that ownership has every right to pull as much profit as they want from their team.

Doesn't mean I like it as a fan but it isn't "nefarious".

I  think that money saved that wasn't immediately spent by the team will ever be spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, your expectations for what you think ownership should be are pretty low imo.  You are fine with them thinking greed first. I’m not.

Im all for them making as much money as possible but they still have to do what’s best for the franchise..the Angelos brothers haven’t shown they are that. 

Look, I've been pretty courteous to you and even agree with some of the sentiment, but honestly you're being a jerk about this.. go out words in somebody else's mouth. I'm done with this discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Look, I've been pretty courteous to you and even agree with some of the sentiment, but honestly you're being a jerk about this.. go out words in somebody else's mouth. I'm done with this discussion.

Lol..being a jerk? I think you are misreading my tone and being a little sensitive here.

Im repeating what you are saying.  You are very clearly saying it’s ok that they valued money over talent.  That isn’t how it should be, especially when you have a talented player who could fetch you more.

These are your words, not mine.

End of the day, you are ok with it and must feel that there is some rainy day fund they are saving all of this saved money.  I don’t see how people can think that, especially with this family/ownership group.

I would rather see them maximize deals with their best assets.  I think that’s how a pro sports franchise should be run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I  think that ownership has every right to pull as much profit as they want from their team.

Doesn't mean I like it as a fan but it isn't "nefarious".

I  think that money saved that wasn't immediately spent by the team will ever be spent.

That's fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Really?  That's an interesting take.

I didn't think for a second that the O's would have five starters better than Bundy in 2020.

I thought there was a solid chance they'd move him to the bullpen. Some of you remember a pitcher much better than the one I do. Sure, he had some fine stretches. But he was a mediocre, injury-prone pitcher for us really. Batters are hitting .195 this year against him. In his career they're at .253. Good luck keeping it up Dylan! But hey, good for him, I'm not rooting against him or anything. But it's 8 starts. He wasn't going to turn it around here, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

And that's useful in 2015 decision making how?

Obviously the O's should have signed him to a 10 year contract.  Could have had a discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sir_Loin said:

Bundy is also extremely lucky this year according to advanced stats.

His HR/FB and BABIP are by far the lowest of his career.  Despite batters making more hard contact and hitting a higher percentage of line drives than in any year of his career.  And his GB/FB ratio is essentially identical to last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

His HR/FB and BABIP are by far the lowest of his career.  Despite batters making more hard contact and hitting a higher percentage of line drives than in any year of his career.  And his GB/FB ratio is essentially identical to last year.

Better pitching environment  and guys with multiple GG playing behind you certainly helps with some of this.

Not sure why more people aren’t looking at these things before making huge assumptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

His HR/FB and BABIP are by far the lowest of his career.  Despite batters making more hard contact and hitting a higher percentage of line drives than in any year of his career.  And his GB/FB ratio is essentially identical to last year.

Surely at least a part of this could be that he isn't playing in OPACY anymore right?  Can we get data for how many of those fly balls that he has let up would be HR in Baltimore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...