Jump to content
hoosiers

Locker Room Material? Lupica NYY Tool.

Recommended Posts

Would be good locker room material if Mike Lupica were the starting pitcher tonight. He's probably got a plus changeup. 

Edited by SurhoffFTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

I've been reading Lupica since I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's, and he is actually one of the more critical sportswriters when covering the Yankees. 

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't seem over the top to me. Repetitive and un-original, but not especially insulting to the O's. I've seen and heard much worse digs the last couple of years.

I used to read Lupica pretty regularly, and heard him on Don Imus's morning radio show. At some point, I thought he became more interested in Mike Lupica than about the sport/game/team he was discussing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Lupica have some sort of plagiarism scandal a few years ago?    I used to like him as a panelist on The Sports Reporters.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Didn’t Lupica have some sort of plagiarism scandal a few years ago?    I used to like him as a panelist on The Sports Reporters.

Did he? I remember he was let go from the New York Daily News some years ago but I thought they just didn’t agree on a new deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Did he? I remember he was let go from the New York Daily News some years ago but I thought they just didn’t agree on a new deal. 

I googled it and didn’t really find anything obvious.    Maybe I’m thinking of someone else who used to be on that show.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I googled it and didn’t really find anything obvious.    Maybe I’m thinking of someone else who used to be on that show.   

That was the best, smartest of the sports discussion shows.   And they axed it and kept screamfests and jokefests with the likes of Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless and Kornheiser and the one with that old Cuban guy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveA said:

That was the best, smartest of the sports discussion shows.   And they axed it and kept screamfests and jokefests with the likes of Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless and Kornheiser and the one with that old Cuban guy.

Especially when Dick Schaap was alive.    He was a fantastic moderator and his closing takes were always fascinating.   John Saunders was a solid replacement but not the sharp wit that Schaap was.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Especially when Dick Schaap was alive.    He was a fantastic moderator and his closing takes were always fascinating.   John Saunders was a solid replacement but not the sharp wit that Schaap was.   

McLaughlin Group rip off.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

McLaughlin Group rip off.

McLaghlin Group is a rip-off of a show called Agronsky & Co., popular during Watergate.    And a much better discussion.    

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

McLaghlin Group is a rip-off of a show called Agronsky & Co., popular during Watergate.    And a much better discussion.    

I'll admit to not being old enough for that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Didn’t Lupica have some sort of plagiarism scandal a few years ago?    I used to like him as a panelist on The Sports Reporters.

That show was the best.  I would revolve my Sunday mornings around it when I could.  

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

McLaughlin Group rip off.

 

Don't like SNL but I love this one.

 

In regards to the Lupica article, it's pretty harmless.  It's certainly a breakdown of how bad the Yankees have fallen, it's not taking shots at the Orioles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...