Sign in to follow this  
accinfo

Maybe another pitcher from Bowie tomorrow

33 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

Awesome! They'll just move Santander to the 45 day DL if they bring up Zimmerman. Not that there's any shortage of DFA candidates.

Good point.

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

I would DFA Wojo.

That would be fine with me.    He had some occasional good outings, but he’s sub-replacement.  

I’d really like to see us bring up Zimmerman. Means said that one start back in 2018 made a huge difference for him to know what he had to work on the offseason that year. Let Zimmerman come up for that. 

• Upvote 1

The inside game I'd love to know here is...do the Rays and their team of hitting analysts yet know who is starting Game 2?  

I presume like Kremer about 1030 last night Elias and Hyde were on the phone with someone excited at hearing their "Hey, you want to pitch tomorrow?" line.

Weather forecast not looking great to get these games in.  Maybe they can start Game 1 and get five innings in before the rain starts.  Maybe. 

9 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Weather forecast not looking great to get these games in.  Maybe they can start Game 1 and get five innings in before the rain starts.  Maybe. 

Accuweather shows a < 10 percent chance of rain until 8 PM and then a 50 percent chance of rain at 8 and 9. Looking at the radar, the second game is definitely in doubt, but I think the first game will be unaffected, especially since it is 7 innings, should be over by 7.

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Accuweather shows a < 10 percent chance of rain until 8 PM and then a 50 percent chance of rain at 8 and 9. Looking at the radar, the second game is definitely in doubt, but I think the first game will be unaffected, especially since it is 7 innings, should be over by 7.

Hopefully the grounds crew is hard at work prepping the tarp for a well-timed malfunction if-needed.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Weatherbug app shows 0% chance of precip every hour thru 4pm, 10% in the 5-6-7-8-9 hours, 20% in the 10pm hour, and 30% in the 11pm hour.  That doesn't seem so dire.

11 hours ago, wildcard said:

I would DFA Wojo.

Yeah. I like Wojo but he just hasn't looked the same this year. He seems a little toasted, stuff-wise and command-wise. Dead arm? Either way, he's not a guy who will be sticking around for the good times.